2nd Line Support Engineer
for TechSoup in Warsaw, NY USA
2<sup>nd</sup> Line Support Engineer
Full-Time, Non-Exempt position in Warsaw, Poland
The TechSoup Global Network consists of 68 of the world's leading civil society organizations (CSOs) working to improve lives globally through the use of technology. These partners manage a range of capacity-building programs to serve communities in nearly every region of the world. Together we've served more than 1 million organizations and delivered more than US$ 10.7 billion in technology tools and philanthropic services.
We are looking for an experienced engineer who will be responsible for taking ownership of problems and queries relating to the Drupal based platform from TechSoup.
This position aim is to ensure that issues are investigated promptly and appropriate action is taken. 2<sup>nd</sup> Line Support Engineer will investigate them and resolve, reject, or escalate as appropriate. The purpose of the role is to take pressure off the Partner Platform development team.
2<sup>nd</sup> Line Support Engineer will work closely with many departments across TechSoup, members of the Partner Platform team and partners. Also plays a key role in identifying bugs in the software and raising quality standards. The 2nd Line Support Engineer will be responsible for ensuring that products and services are running smoothly and also offering support and training internally to our delivery and client services teams.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Technical support for variety of e-commerce systems based on Drupal+CiviCRM
- Contact with the internal and external Client
- Solving problems on the IT - Customer Services line
- Troubleshooting for simple and complex IT challenges
- Provide support to end users regarding any kind of supported platforms related problems to ensure high availability for users
- Prioritization of reported issues
- Track, prioritize and document all incidents reported to the service desk using the relevant tools following the incident management procedure to avoid future incidents
- Diagnose software and environmental problems in order to find the right solution and thus help the end user
- Support development projects in UAT phase
- Passion for IT and focus on continuous learning
- Ability to analyze the problem and focus on finding solutions
- PHP / JS / HTML programming basics
- Willingness and ability to share knowledge
- Knowledge and ability to apply the software testing methodology are welcome
- Technical education
- Good English communication skills, fluent in writing
- Experience in project management will be an asset
- Year+ experience on similar position (Web developer, tester, support engineer)
- Knowledge of Drupal framework (versions 5,6,7)
- Basic knowledge of CRM systems (CiviCRM)
- Ability to work with Jira
- Knowledge of DNS
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux Operating systems
- Knowledge of Apache Web Services
- Knowledge of basic IP (Internet Protocal) services
- Based in Warsaw
Closing date: 31 of December 2019. Applications will be evaluated on a continuous basis as received.
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: Warsaw, NY USA
Zip Code: 14569
Posted on: 12/18/2019
Viewed: 0 times