for Big Nerd Ranch in Atlanta, GA USA
At Big Nerd Ranch we empower individuals and organizations to dream big and achieve more through innovative digital product development and training. We do this through our signature immersive bootcamps, our quality online trainings, our elite consulting capabilities and our best selling Big Nerd Ranch Guides.
We're looking for Nerds who are as passionate as we are about writing stylish code on the most exciting platforms. Engineers who want to be amongst the smartest, kindest people they know.
Sound appealing? Learn more about us.
As a Developer, you will...
- Learn every single day
- Have empathy for and communicate clearly with your coworkers and clients
- Develop existing and new mobile applications for Big Nerd Ranch and for our clients
- Author stories (use cases, technical and functional requirements) and tests
- Contribute to and participate in development meetings (standups, kickoffs, retrospectives) and design sessions with teams and clients
- Collaborate with team members, consultants, designers and clients to provide accurate estimations, timelines and risks associated with development
- Contribute to the Android community through code, blog posts, teaching and speaking
As a candidate, you...
- Have Android development experience and experience working on consulting projects
- Understand that an activity is destroyed across a configuration change, but also why it?s destroyed and how to embrace its lifecycle
- Know how to gracefully support any screen size and device type
- Appreciate the quality guarantees that well-written tests provide
- Have a drive to learn and understand as much as possible
- Enjoy reviewing others' code and having your code reviewed
- Appreciate the perspective that others from a variety of different backgrounds and experience levels can provide
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
You might also...
- Have experience with Kotlin
- Have knowledge of RxJava and its impact on application architecture
- Enjoy teaching others and can clearly describe complicated software to your fellow developers
The benefits we offer to full time employees:
- Health, dental, vision, life insurance; 401k matching, short and long term disability
- A flexible, remote-friendly and learning based environment where creative ideas are explored and the desire to learn new technologies is encouraged and valued.
- Must reside in the US and be legally authorized to work in the US.
At Big Nerd Ranch you will make a difference and contribute to the development community in interesting ways. Are you up to the challenge?
Powered by JazzHR
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: Atlanta, GA USA
Zip Code: 30307
Posted on: 02/01/2020
Viewed: 0 times