for Priority One Security Consultants in Newark, NJ USA
Armed Security Guards Required - excellent prospects for progression
Maintain safe and secure environment for customers Clients Visitors and coworkers by patrolling, monitoring premises and performing search procedures.
- Full-time, Part-Time (weekends) & On-Call Employees
- Must be able to work any shift
- Must have good computer skills
- Must have great customer service skills
- Must be flexible, professional and responsible
- Must pay attention to detailed daily paperwork
- Great communication skills
- Performing searches of customer employees
- Deals with uncertainty
- Using good judgment
- Maintains objectivity
- Maintains emotional control
- High integrity
- Safety Management
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- May be assigned to guard post (outside)
- Perform interior/exterior patrols
- Data Entry
- Observe and report suspicious activities and persons
- **** on foot or by motor vehicle to transport individuals to specified locations or to provide personal protection or to **** persons off customer property
- Carriage of firearm and/or other weapons and exercises standard care required with firearms and use of reasonable force. Maintains firearms in good condition.
- Warn persons of rule infractions or violations and detain, cite or evict violators from premises, using force when necessary if authorized and only in accordance with established guidelines.
- Reporting skills in order to adequately protect people and property, security guards must know and enforce rules and regulations to prevent criminal activity before it happens.
- Monitor points of access in a building or property to allow entry only to individuals with the correct identification or authorization. In some situations, such as public events or crowded areas, they walk among visitors to promote order and provide a visible presence that deters safety issues.
- Write detailed narrative reports and maintain daily activity reports (DARs)
- Enforce rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and respond to emergency situations requiring security assistance
- Prevents losses and damage by reporting irregularities; informing violators of policy and procedures.
- Completes reports by recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance activities.
- Maintains environment by monitoring equipment and patrolling buildings.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Must adhere to all site-specific post order requirements
- Must be non-timid person
- Enforce badge procedures
- Responds to alarms, emergency codes, and security-related incidents; decides what actions to take based on the situation, facts known, and position limitations.
- Protects property from theft, defacement, embezzlement, sabotage, fire and accidents
- Investigates and reports on accidents, incidents, suspicious activities, safety and fire hazards and other security related situations to supervisor of correction or follow-up actions.
- Provides needed assistance to customers, co-workers, visitors, and/or the customer that are in line with the Company's procedures
- High School diploma, GED equivalent; clear Criminal record-pass background check; Must be at least 21 years of age or older.
- One (1) year of experience as a security guardian a plus,military or a combination of education, training, or work experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties of this position.
- No experience required
- Must be able to pass any state-required training to obtain Armed Security Guard license.
- Must be able to obtain permit to carry
- Knowledge in security techniques and procedures.
- Neat and professional appearance.
- Friendly and professional demeanor.
- Ability to prepare clear and accurate reports and be able to speak and write effectively.
- Ability to maintain satisfactory attendance and punctuality standard.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions, have keen observation qualities to remember details on incidents and locations.
- Ability to perform all physical requirements of the position; agree to maintain a Drug-Free workplace.
- Ability to perform essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Work cooperatively, courteously, yet firmly with all segments of the general public.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and customer.
- Ability to walk and stand for a long period of time.
Essential Physical and Mental Functions:
- Stand or walk constantly (for up to an entire shift) on various surfaces (tile, concrete, carpet)
- Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift
- Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to perform various duties
- Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds
- Run as needed
- Constant use of both hands and arms in reaching/handling/grasping/fingering while using phone, notepad, writing reports, and other administrative tasks
- Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level required) to observe, read, interact with public and co-workers, view security monitors; includes hand/eye coordination
- Read, understand and clearly speak English; constantly use speech and hearing (correctable to normal level required) in communicating with public/co-workers, giving and receiving instructions, using phones