ASL Interpreters ? (St. Petersburg, FL)
for CLGT Solutions, LLC in Saint Petersburg, FL USA
American Sign Language Interpreters (St. Petersburg, FL)
and various other Gulf Coast Locations
CLGT Solutions, LLC is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business focused upon providing professional solutions in the areas of training and talent acquisition. This position is not a current requirement, it is for a proposal; however, if awarded this work, we will need interpreters to fill these ASL Interpreter positions immediately.
We are seeking American Sign Language (ASL) interpreters to provide services for the deaf/hard of hearing (HOH) employees in support of a government agency in Bay Pines (and various other Gulf Coast locations), Florida. This is a one-year contract with four additional option years.
Essential Duties, Roles & Responsibilities
Provide on-site ASL interpreter services at a medical center for deaf employees, patients and family members. Must be able to interpret/transliterate fluently and understand the continuum of sign communication.
Education, Experience, & Requirements
- Must be a US Citizen
- Certification for interpreters must be RID?s National Interpreter Certification (NIC) and meet those qualification standards
- Must have minimum 5 years? experience as an ASL interpreter
- Must have a demonstrated knowledge and understanding of American Sign Language (ASL), Signed English (SE) and Manually Coded English (MCE)
- Must be able to sign the English language fluently, both spoken and written as presented and received
- Must possess a general knowledge of a variety of vocabulary (medical specifically, legal, scientific, military, economic, government related acronyms and cultural) and regional industry jargon, as well as office terminology, administrative/ technical terminology, and business vernacular
- Shall have the knowledge and diversity of culture and skill required to prepare for each interpreting assignment, including knowledge needed to assist in setting up an environment that is conducive to meeting the communication needs of both the hearing and Deaf or Hard of Hearing participants in an assigned event or assignment
- Shall have the ability to assess and adapt to the language needs of the Deaf or Hard of Hearing consumer and to apply analytical skills necessary to determine which communication modes the Deaf or Hard of Hearing consumer is using.
- May have needs for a qualified legal interpreter with 5 years? experience
- High quality output
This position requires frequent standing, sometimes for two (2) or more hours at a time.
This position requires continuous use of hands.
Position Type & Hours of Work
This is a contracted position.
Hours can vary ? 24/7/365, including Holidays
Approximately 1,000 hours per year
This position will require 100% travel to the Client site
The main site (majority of hours) is in Bay Pines, FL
Other locations include: Bradenton FL, Palm Harbor FL, Sarasota FL, St. Petersburg FL, Cape Coral FL, Naples FL, Sebring FL, Port Charlotte FL and Largo FL
Wage Information (please provide your rates for each of the 6 categories - please note the General/Regular and the Specialty/Legal rates/categories):
- Regular Rate; Two (2) Hour Session for ASL Interpreter Services (>24 Hours Notice). 7:00AM - 7:00PM, Monday-Friday. (General/Business/Medical Assignments)
- Specialty Rate; Two (2) Hour Session for ASL Interpreter Services (>24 Hours Notice). 7:00AM - 7:00PM, Monday-Friday. (Legal/Conference/Special Event)
- Regular Night, Weekend, Federal Holiday Rate; Two (2) Hour Session for ASL Interpreter Services (>24 Hours Notice). Nights 7:00PM - 7:00AM. (General/Business/Medical Assignments)
- Specialty Night, Weekend, Federal Holiday Rate; Two (2) Hour Session for ASL Interpreter Services (>24 Hours Notice). Nights 7:00PM - 7:00AM. (Legal/Conference/Special Event)
- Emergency Regular Rate; Two (2) Hour Session for ASL Interpreter Services (<24 Hours Notice). (General/Business/Medical Assignments)
- Emergency Specialty Rate; Two (2) Hour Session for ASL Interpreter Services (<24 Hours Notice). (Legal/Conference/Special Event)
CLGT is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.   ;
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: Saint Petersburg, FL USA
Zip Code: 33705
Posted on: 12/02/2019
Viewed: 0 times