B2B Business Development Representative - Outside Sales
for Grenzebach Glier and Associates in Chicago, IL USA
The B2B Business Development Representative-Outside Sales (the "Rep") is a key member of the firm?s Philanthropic Analytics practice and is responsible for identifying and qualifying sales leads, cultivating opportunities and growing DonorScape subscription revenue. The Rep will play a critical role in managing outbound leads, which will include contacting prospective clients to develop their interest in learning about GG+A?s DonorScape product offerings.
The Rep will work closely with the Philanthropic Analytics team to assess and develop leads, manage the pipeline of qualified opportunities within Salesforce CRM, conduct online software demos and ultimately close the sales.
The Rep will be based in the firm?s Chicago office, and will earn a commission on every sale in addition to a competitive salary, bonus and benefits.
DonorScape is GG+A?s suite of web-based analytics products designed to identify and understand individual donor prospects. DonorScape matches donor/constituent contact information to an array of external, public data sources to find evidence of wealth, philanthropy, and affiliations that can be used to prioritize potential donors and build prospect pipelines. DonorScape analysis results are delivered in a secure online application that supports data warehousing, data manipulation, and reporting for prospect identification and research. Learn more about DonorScape at www.donorscape.com.
DonorScape is a product area within GG+A Analytics, which also includes other product lines including survey research, benchmarking, predictive analytics, economic forecasting, and benchmarking.
- Researching and collecting contact information within target markets from which to create and maintain a portfolio of prospective DonorScape clients
- Engage and follow-up regularly with inbound leads from DonorScape marketing efforts
- Proactively conduct outbound calling of prospective clients in the DonorScape target market and engage in direct sales conversations to explain product features and benefits, pricing, and services via email, telephone, webinar, and/or occasional in-person meetings
- Continuously engage, follow up, and check in with prospective clients in order to move them through the sales cycle
- Document all sales activities within Salesforce CRM
- Expand current DonorScape client base and DonorScape market share in the wealth/prospect screening space
- Generate annual targeted contract sales revenue across a range of Philanthropic Analytics products and services, but primarily through basic DonorScape software subscriptions
- Deliver web-based client training presentations to DonorScape clients
- Conduct DonorScape test file/trial period analysis results deliveries and sales presentations with a particular focus on basic DonorScape subscriptions
- Collaborate with the Philanthropic Analytics team to coordinate the preparation of proposals and contracts for prospective DonorScape clients
- Contribute to the development of creative advertising and direct mail campaign materials designed to support DonorScape sales efforts
- Assist in the capture and analysis of DonorScape client/user input to help guide marketing efforts, as well as ongoing product enhancements
- Support the public promotion of GG+A?s Philanthropic Analytics practice ? and DonorScape, in particular ? through occasional blog posts, white papers, public speaking, and representation at industry conferences
- Occasional travel required (primarily attending conferences)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills in a client-facing role
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to respond quickly and seamlessly to shifting demands and prioritize workload accordingly
- Demonstrated proficiency in previous sales roles, including a proven track record of consistent over-quota achievement
- Experience presenting software demonstrations to groups both in-person and via webinar
- Familiarity with Salesforce CRM is preferred
- Fundraising/donor prospect research knowledge is desirable
- Bachelor?s degree (or equivalent experience) in business, marketing, communications, or similar discipline required
- 2-4 years of new business development experience within professional services, specifically in selling software
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience within the nonprofit domain (higher education, arts and culture, academic medicine/healthcare, or voluntary sector) is desirable.
GG+A is a full-service philanthropic management consulting firm with over 50 years of industry-defining leadership in helping our clients realize the full potential of their missions through resource generation. Our primary mission is to assist our clients in the substantial improvement and acceleration of their fundraising programs. We seek to align those programs with the institution?s core mission and ensure their sustainability.
GG+A is an international resource for data-driven best practices in fundraising, engagement, and advancement. We provide counsel to a global constituency of nonprofits, specifically in the areas of higher education, academic medicine/health care, independent schools, arts & culture, and select human services institutions and charities.
GG+A embodies a high-performance and entrepreneurial culture. We are client-centric, rigorous and data-driven in our practices, and committed to responding swiftly and effectively to client needs and requirements. We offer a challenging environment and seek intelligent, energetic, and self-motivated individuals who are achievement-oriented and have high integrity.
Employee Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and accident insurance, flexible spending account, long-term care insurance, short-and long-term disability, 401(k) with employer match, transit benefits, health club reimbursement, pet insurance, paid time off (PTO) and holidays.
Powered by JazzHR
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: Chicago, IL USA
Zip Code: 60604
Posted on: 12/02/2019
Viewed: 0 times