Barista Counter Person
for Grandaisy Bakery in New York, NY USA
Grandaisy Bakery is looking for a friendly, hardworking, experienced barista counter person to join our team at our TriBeCa bakeshop.
Though we are absolutely looking for coffee/barista experience, we believe in ongoing training with our partners at Illy Caff -- so although we expect you to have some coffee shop experience, you don't have to be a zen barista master... yet. You just have to love coffee and be open and willing to learn - about coffee, baking and the ingredients and processes that make up our menu.
Applicants should have a flexible schedule and be available to work at least 3-5 shifts a week (including weekends), 20-35+ hrs/week.
Duties will include:
- Greeting all customers in a warm and friendly manner, engaging with them about products offered.
- Making excellent coffee to accompany our delicious bread, pastries, Roman-style pizza and sandwiches.
- Ensuring top-notch customer service by handling counter transactions in a friendly, fast and efficient manner.
- Communicating clearly and effectively with customers and co-workers to ensure orders are taken and filled quickly and efficiently.
- Stocking beverages and supplies.
- Following and maintain health codes, safety, and organizational procedures.
- Maintaining a clean and organized work area.
- Excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team; ability to communicate effectively with customers.
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures.
- Ability to sell proactively.
- Aptitude to gain extensive product knowledge
- Position requires standing and walking for a period of 4-6 hours without a rest break.
- Occasional moderate to heavy lifting and carrying, bending and reaching overhead may be required.
Our Benefits include:
- Health Insurance
- 401k plan
- Paid vacations and PTO
- Transit checks
Powered by JazzHR
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: New York, NY USA
Zip Code: 10025
Posted on: 12/02/2019
Viewed: 1 times