for Autism Home Support Services in Northbrook, IL USA
Title: Billing Coordinator
Reports to: Payroll Manager
About Autism Home Support Services:
Autism Home Support Services (AHSS) serves clients throughout the Illinois, Southeast Michigan and Central Colorado areas and has been growing quickly since early 2010. With over 400 clients, AHSS is one of the fastest growing and leading providers of one-on-one services to children with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) in the United States. AHSS?s core service is home-based therapy based on the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA). Our passion is delivering progress towards the hopes and dreams of our clients. Our mission is to provide quality, evidence-based therapy and counseling to children with ASD and their families in the home. Our comparative advantage is our customized, fully integrated solution, which combines the highest quality care with technology support and comprehensive end-to-end insurance, billing and process infrastructure to make care-giving and insurance reimbursement seamless. AHSS provides center based and in-home services as well as educational consulting. We believe in collaborating with the ABA and autism community to achieve better outcomes for people with autism. Our organization is led by expert clinicians and experienced professionals fully committed to the best experience for our clients and our team.
The Payroll Coordinator plays a vital role in entering accurate data and updating the practice management system for client and staff management, invoicing, payroll and report generation. The primary purpose for the Billing Coordinator position is to assure that information in the practice management system is up-to-date and accurate, to allow for a smooth and accurate payroll processing. This position will also perform other administrative tasks including filing and copying. In addition to the Controller, this position interacts closely with:
- Staff accountants
- Human Resources staff
- Client Services coordinators
- Insurance and authorization team members
Minimum of 2 years billing/insurance experience in a healthcare setting
Therapy coding knowledge a plus, but not required
Previous payroll processing experience helpful but not required
High comfort level with computers and using multiple systems
Experience with healthcare practice management systems; Central Reach familiarity is a plus
Superior attention to detail
Excellent keystrokes per hour and excellent accuracy rate
Results-oriented with strong computer skills (Excel, Word, databases, etc.)
Thrive in a fast-paced environment
Ability to learn software systems quickly
Excellent communications skills, both written and oral
Capacity to learn to prepare and distribute routine reports after instruction
High school diploma or GED
- Supports the finance, client services, and family support organizations by reviewing, editing, and ensuring the integrity of insurance billing, time-keeping and payroll-related data.
- Checks data from completed billing claims or other documents/emails for accuracy and completeness and enters information into practice management system.
- Reviews billing sheets and practice management system to resolve errors to ensure integrity and accuracy of data and payroll.
- Identifies problems with database management policies and procedures and provides input into their revision.
- Communicates with employees and supervisors regarding payroll questions, billing errors, etc.
- Provides direction or assistance to users of information regarding data requirements and status of paperwork.
- Works with individuals throughout the organization to identify and implement process improvements.
- May assist in preparing and distributing reports.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
- Follow all AHSS policies and procedures.
- Work carefully with attention to detail.
- Display good organizational skills and utilize resources wisely.
- Recognize time as a valuable resource and manage time in an appropriate manner.
- Work independently.
- Demonstrate problem-prevention and problem resolution skills.
- Demonstrate good communication skills.
- Maintain confidentiality in all matters pertaining to clients, families, AHSS personnel, and others.
- AHSS absentee and tardiness procedures should be followed.
- Display and encourage sensitivity to the needs of clients, families, co-workers and others.
- Treat others with consideration, courtesy, and respect.
- Perform duties willingly and with initiative: share necessary information with supervisor and team members and clarify information received from others.
- Model appropriate work habits for creating a positive work environment.
- Be to work on time and ready to perform the duties of the position.
- Remain composed and take necessary action to restore calm in crisis and stressful situations.
- Demonstrate good judgment and tact when dealing with others.
Benefits: Competitive salary, Major Medical and Dental, Short and Long term disability, 401-K, Paid Holidays, and PTO.
Please check out this video to learn more about AHSS:
Powered by JazzHR
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: Northbrook, IL USA
Zip Code: 60062
Posted on: 01/18/2020
Viewed: 0 times