BioTechnical Engineer II
for Cell Culture Company, LLC in Minneapolis, MN USA
Cell Culture Company is located in Minneapolis, MN. Headquarters include corporate offices, instrument manufacturing operations, regulated laboratory and clean room spaces, and a distribution center.
C3 offers contract production of antibodies, proteins and whole cells utilizing mammalian cell culture platforms for the diagnostic, therapeutic and research industries. C3 also manufactures, distributes and services ACUSYST perfusion bioreactor systems worldwide. C3 adheres to a Quality Management System and is ISO 9001:2015 certified to meet our customers? requirements.
C3?s advantage is our ability to reduce risk while increasing speed to market. Our employees are experts in upstream bioreactor technology, downstream process engineering, quality control, and regulatory compliance. C3 has supported 20+ FDA clinical trials and serviced 1,700+ global organizations. We continue to be a growing company with opportunities for talented individuals who want to support lifesaving products.
C3 is currently recruiting for the position of BioTechnical Engineer II, whose primary responsibilities will be to support worldwide customers using C3?s perfusion bioreactor systems. Our systems are used to produce a variety of materials including monoclonal antibodies and other secreted proteins, viruses, cells, and cell components. These materials are utilized in the biotherapeutic, diagnostic, food and water safety, veterinary, and other industries.
Once customers purchase and validate our instruments as part of a regulated manufacturing process, we become an essential supplier to them. Consequently, customers rely upon C3 for technical support for the life of the product it produces. The BioTechnical Engineer II is relied upon to train and advise users, perform maintenance and repairs, sell services and hardware and gather user feedback for management while delivering high levels of customer satisfaction.
Our bioreactors include the following components: electronical, mechanical, software, and single-use disposables. The BioTechnical Engineer II will need to master each of those components, be competent in cell culture techniques and bioprocessing, while performing market development activities to ensure sustainable growth.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Routinely perform hands-on maintenance, repairs and training at customer facilities
- Experience operating bioreactor systems for cell culture in a cleanroom environment
- Expertise in training, technical support, installation, troubleshooting, repair and maintenance
- Desire to keep instruments running without failure to increase customer satisfaction and revenue
- Ability to assess customer operational needs to develop after-sale services and disposables supply agreements
- Develop deep knowledge of C3?s bioreactors, single-use disposables, parts and accessories
- Adhere to customer policies and common cleanroom practices
- Maintain confidentiality of C3?s IP and each customer information
- Work independently to schedule travel, maintain tools, order parts, deliver services, and perform admin tasks
- Other duties, as assigned including fulfilling orders for instruments, spares, and cultureware
- Minimum: bachelor?s degree in a biotechnical, engineering, or related field
- Ideal: high level of familiarity with perfusion bioreactor operations and related support
- 5 ? 10 years of experience with mammalian cell culture and bioreactor operations
- 5 ? 10 years of experience with equipment maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair
- Proven ability to work under pressure while achieving tasks, projects, and development plans to agreed timelines and proactively communicate if they will slip and what remedial actions are planned
- Strong skills in multi-tasking, customer service, and presenting verbal and written information
- Desire to solve problems, help others, and support the manufacture of lifesaving products
- Highly detail-oriented, self-motivated, and results-driven
- Possess strong analytical and influencing skills
- Most duties are performed in office, manufacturing, laboratory environments, and public transportation areas that require a high degree of physical strength, mobility, and gross and fine dexterity
- Ability to use computers, tools, and other machinery requiring long periods of mental and physical acuity
- Ability to independently don clean room attire and wear it for long periods of time
- Ability to manually and briefly transport items weighing up to approximately 75 pounds
Please visit our website to learn more about our company: https://cellculturecompany.com
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: Minneapolis, MN USA
Zip Code: 55433
Posted on: 12/02/2019
Viewed: 0 times