for Favor TechConsulting in Austin, TX USA
Location: Austin, TX
Department: Department of Veteran Affairs (VA)
Type: Full Time
Minimum Experience: Experienced
Security Clearance Level: Ability to obtain and maintain a VA NACI clearance
*The clearance level stated above must be met for consideration for this specific opportunity. Unfortunately, FTC is unable to sponsor at this time.
Military Veterans are highly encouraged to apply!
Favor TechConsulting, LLC (FTC) is seeking a Business Analyst with Department of Veteran Affairs (VA) experience.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Elicit, organize, analyze, prioritize, document and communicate business requirements
- Analyze business requirements with stakeholders and translate them into more detailed user stories, use cases and other functional requirement documents.
- Understanding Financial Reports and combining information for review
- Perform software requirement gathering and gap analysis and present findings in oral and written reports
- Perform validation of solutions by analyzing the end-product and applying the requirement specifications
- Use data provided by software development teams to evaluate functional benefits of software products, technical performance, risks, and schedule concerns
- Assist in developing project plans, leading meetings and other related tasks to gather and coordinate activities for requirements gathering
- Function as part of an integrated team sharing products, best practices, and information across the portfolio
- Work with users and customers to document and strategize for process improvements for current business processes
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Maintain program data and documents on several web-based reporting tools, including SharePoint, IBM Rational tools and CA Agile (Rally)
- Work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- Must be able to digest information quickly concerning Financial Reports
- Must be able to work under pressure, coordinate multiple assignments at once, and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Experience working with the following software products: Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft SharePoint, IBM Rational Tool Suite
- Experience producing quality, visually interesting communications products for public consumption
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Excellent decision-making and problem -solving skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible
- Knowledge of the VA Office of Information & Technology (OI&T)
- Background in health informatics and knowledge of the Health Care Efficiency (HCE) Initiative
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Prior experience with software development life cycle
- Knowledge of IBM Rational Team Concert, Rational DOORS Next Generation, Rational Quality Manager and/or CA Agile (Rally)
- Have an existing or ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone
U.S Citizenship is required for this specific opportunity and all selected applicants will be subject to a government security investigation. This includes but not limited to; meeting the eligibility requirements for access to classified information and the ability to obtain a government-granted security clearance. Individuals may also be subject to a background investigation including, but not limited to; criminal history, employment verification, education verification, drug testing, and creditworthiness.
Favor TechConsulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or genetic information.
Powered by JazzHR
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: Austin, TX USA
Zip Code: 73301
Posted on: 01/04/2020
Viewed: 0 times