Business Development Lead
for Innovation Works, Inc. in Pittsburgh, PA USA
LumiShield is a technology startup based in Pittsburgh, PA. The company is commercializing a proprietary process for producing inexpensive, aluminum-based coatings, which was originally developed by Carnegie Mellon University and the National Energy Technology Laboratory. Lumidize, LumiShield?s first product, will enter the market in 2020 as a replacement for less sustainable, more expensive paint adhesion pre-treatments like grit blasting and chromating.
A critical component of LumiShield's long term strategy is the establishment of relationships with large coatings manufacturers and suppliers. The successful candidate will use their skills and network to help the company create and grow these relationships. The candidate will also provide market and coatings industry insight to help LumiShield craft its strategy for 2020 and beyond. The position is expected to be part-time/consulting initially. If strong results are achieved, the candidate would be offered a full-time position at the executive level in mid 2020.
- Establishing and building relationships with large manufacturers and suppliers in the coatings industry.
- Making contact with coatings manufacturers and scheduling meetings with decision makers from those organizations.
- Facilitating communications with coatings manufacturers and guiding relationship development with LumiShield.
- Working with LumiShield?s CEO to negotiate beneficial joint development agreements (JDAs) with other organizations.
- Performing market research to establish the size and segmentation of the coatings market for various industries.
- Providing analysis of the existing players and technologies within various markets to establish the size of LumiShield?s opportunity in each.
- Bachelor?s degree in business, marketing or a related field
- 10 years of experience in the coatings industry
- Knowledge of coatings industry corporate culture, values, and priorities
- Strong network within the coatings industry
- Experience in business development roles
- Sufficient technical proficiency to grasp critical concepts of coating technologies
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty
- Bachelor?s degree in a related technical field and an MBA
- Experience at two or more large manufacturers of protective coatings
- Experience working in corporate venture
- Understanding of startup culture and strong entrepreneurial instincts
Contact: David Luebke - 412-607-8351, email@example.com.
LumiShield Technologies, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: Pittsburgh, PA USA
Zip Code: 15222
Posted on: 12/02/2019
Viewed: 0 times
More Jobs Like This One
RoadBotics in Pittsburgh, PA
Blenheim Chalcot in Richmond, VA
Fahrenheit IT in Hatfield, PA
Confidential in Sterling, VA
Confidential in Danville, PA
IBM in Washington, DC
AT&T in Oakton, VA
Enterprise Horizon Consulting Group in Washington, DC
Clinical Research Management, Inc. in Silver Spring, MD