Business Intelligence Developer
for PDI in Temple, TX USA
PDI helps convenience retailers and petroleum wholesalers thrive through digital transformation and enterprise software that enables them to grow topline revenue, optimize operations and unify their business across the entire value chain. Over 1,500 customers in more than 200,000 locations worldwide count on our leading ERP, logistics, fuel pricing and marketing cloud solutions to provide insights that increase volume, margin and customer loyalty. For more than 35 years, our comprehensive suite of solutions and unmatched expertise have helped customers reimagine their enterprise and deliver exceptional customer experiences. Backed by the investment of TA Associates, Genstar, and Insight, PDI is embarking upon an aggressive expansion strategy through internal investment in development as well as intensive M&A activity. The result will be a broader, more powerful, global company that serves customers across the entire supply chain.
This role is part of our Reporting Services department. Not only do our Business Intelligence Developers develop reporting solutions for our company's ERP and Business Intelligence platforms, but we also develop data integration processes as well as manage the overall health of our customers? data. Business Intelligence Developers act as an internal and external resource, working closely with Development, Consulting, QA, I.T., and management teams. If you have an analytical mindset, have fun developing reporting solutions and helping customers while learning new technologies, gaining industry experience and being challenged in the process, then we want to talk to you!
- Identify business requirements, working closely with both internal and external stakeholders to effectively translate business needs into technical design documents, and provide guidance on best practices and solutions
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of the data and reporting applications through detailed analysis, efficient coding, writing clear documentation, and identifying and resolving problems as they arise
- Develop simple and complex SSRS reports and dashboards using the Microsoft BI technology stack to help customers analyze and solve business problems, and make accurate and informed business decisions
- Develop simple and complex SQL queries, stored procedures, functions and views to assist with business insight, reports and data extraction and manipulation
- Create data exports in various formats to integrate with 3<sup>rd</sup> party systems
- Assist customers with data issues, inquiries and data migration projects
- Conduct unit testing and work with QA teams and other resources to troubleshoot and ensure quality deliverables to customers
- Improve scalability and performance of existing stored procedures, views, and functions using SQL Server Profiler and similar tools
Required Skills & Experience:
- 2+ years experience in developing SQL Stored Procedures, functions and reports using SSMS and SSRS.
- 2+ years experience with Visual Studio 2005, 2008 or 2012
- Able to create simple and complex SSRS reports with drill-downs, drill-throughs<ins cite="mailto:Balani,%20Shanky" datetime="2017-09-14T15:51">, </ins>sub-reports, charts and graphs
- Strong organizational and project management skills and demonstrable ability to manage upwards of 5-7 projects at a given time
- Experience with data extraction methodologies and processes for <ins cite="mailto:Balani,%20Shanky" datetime="2017-09-14T15:52">I</ins><del cite="mailto:Balani,%20Shanky" datetime="2017-09-14T15:52">i</del>ntegration<ins cite="mailto:Balani,%20Shanky" datetime="2017-09-14T15:52"> with external systems</ins>
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office, including but not limited to: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently within competing deadlines with minimal guidance
- 1+ years experience with Data Visualization tools, e.g. Tableau, Power BI
- Bachelor?s in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
- Solid business acumen, with broad understanding of business terminology and processes
- Strong Business and Technical documentation skills
- Strong and concise communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong analytical skills
- Retail, Warehouse, or convenience store experience a plus
PDI?s employee-oriented culture provides a supportive and dynamic work environment for high achievers. PDI seeks individuals who value continuous learning, hold high ethical standards, and are top performers in their respective fields. We offer competitive wages, professional development, superb culture, and a highly competitive benefits package. For more information about PDI, please visit our website at https://www.pdisoftware.com. PDI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We verify employment eligibility for all new hires using e-Verify.
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: Temple, TX USA
Zip Code: 76502
Posted on: 12/02/2019
Viewed: 0 times