Case Manager I
for CAMBA in Brooklyn, NY USA
Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 20,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
CAMBA?s Atlantic House located in the Brownsville section of Brooklyn serves 200 MICA men.
Position: & nbsp; Case Manager
Reports To: Clinical Supervisor
Location: & nbsp; 2402 Atlantic Avenue, Brooklyn, NY & nbsp; ?
What The Case Manager Does:
The person filling this position is expected, under general supervision, to: (1) immediately formulate a plan and prepare clients for permanent housing placement; (2) engage individuals requiring social service assistance; (3) interview and evaluate clients, formulate Independent Living Plans and goals; and (4) locate and refer to appropriate community resources for clients; including the following:
- Conduct initial intake, psychosocial evaluation and assessment of clients? needs and periodic re-assessments of independent living plans including short-term and long-term client goals
- Create and maintain client electronic and paper files
- Assist clients in attaining their goals by identifying barriers, community resources and by referring clients to appropriate services both within and outside CAMBA (i.e., On-site medical services and psychiatric services, etc.)
- Assist clients in advocating for themselves in order to gain housing stability.
- Recommend and implement strategies to persuade clients to participate fully in the process in order to transition into permanent housing.
- Monitor clients' progress toward their goals via regularly scheduled face-to-face contacts/sessions.
- Document and update all client encounters via progress notes using DHS CARES Database and printout notes for client?s paper file to reflect client request for services (i.e., car fare, appointments, passes, referrals, etc.)
- Follow-up with clients and with referral organizations regarding client contact and progress with referral organization.
- May act as client liaison/client advocate with outside organizations regarding such matters as education, healthcare, housing, legal issues, etc.
- May schedule and **** client to appointments with referral organizations (educational, medical, social service, etc.)
- May assist clients in completing applications for benefits and entitlements, and may process applications on clients' behalf.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent experience.
- May be required to become First Aid/CPR certified
- May be required to become certified in overdose prevention.
- Bi-lingual preferred
CAMBA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace. People of color, people with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people are encouraged to apply. We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, marital or veteran status, pregnancy status or sexual orientation.
Powered by JazzHR
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: Brooklyn, NY USA
Zip Code: 11233
Posted on: 01/31/2020
Viewed: 0 times