Certified Medical Laboratory Technologist-MF3279
for Grace Federal Solutions LLC in Durham, NC USA
Coordinate and participate in a variety of complex technical tasks in the performance of laboratory tests to obtain data for use in the diagnosis and treatment of disease.
Duties and Responsibilities of this Level
- Perform routine tests in clinical laboratories for use in the treatment and diagnosis of disease using standard techniques and equipment; perform related duties in laboratory to include storing and labeling specimens and using manual and automatic equipment to prepare specimens and perform analytical tests.
- Prepare sterile media in plates, jars or test tubes for use in growing bacterial cultures; incubate culture for specific times at prescribed temperatures.
- Understand and comply with laboratory Quality Control and Quality Assurance policies and procedures for instrumentation and testing.
- Prepare solutions, reagents and stains, following standard laboratory formulas and procedures.
- Maintain detailed records of tests performed and report laboratory test results to appropriate personnel; recognize Quality Control shifts and trends and take appropriate action whenever necessary.
- Calibrate and perform routine maintenance on test equipment, clean and sterilize laboratory equipment, glassware and instruments, maintain laboratory supply of chemicals and glassware; perform routine maintenance on equipment.
- Collect blood specimens from patients using venipuncture, or heel or finger stick; carry out Point-of-Care Testing waived tests and urinalysis without microscope
- Utilize various hospital and laboratory information systems and software.
- Interact in a professional and courteous manner with doctors, nurses, and other personnel to provide technical guidance and address concerns.
AA, AS or AD Degree, BS Degree.
MLT with >= 4 years of experience.
|Degrees, Licensure, and/or Certification:|
Certification as a Medical Laboratory Technician by a nationally recognized board/agency (required).
|Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:|
Experience involving patient contact, customer service in a medical setting, strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
Basic knowledge of medical terminology.
Working knowledge of laboratory and hospital computer systems is helpful. Basic knowledge of laboratory safety and infection control procedures and practices including standard precautions and hazardous chemical handling.
Ability to demonstrate required dexterity, knowledge, and ability to complete assigned laboratory tasks and skills, attention to detail and compliance with all appropriate regulatory and safety requirements.
Ability to maintain effective working relationships with other employees.
Powered by JazzHR
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: Durham, NC USA
Zip Code: 27701
Posted on: 02/12/2020
Viewed: 0 times