Client Services Associate - Part-time - Weekends and Evenings
for Context Travel in Philadelphia, PA USA
Context provides expert-led tours and experiences in the world's cultural capitals (50 & counting). Founder-led and bootstrapped until 2017, the company recently raised growth funding to deepen its offering, build out an executive team, and expand globally. With a cult following for over a decade (NPS >90%), we've got an exciting base to build on. Context Travel has over 70 employees globally, distributed across NYC, Philadelphia, & various regional offices around the world close to our tour operations.
This is a part-time entry-level position based in Philadelphia, requiring daytime work in the office as well as remote weekend and evening work. This person is responsible for handling first-tier communications with clients, agents, guides, and other partners, in addition to supporting order fulfillment and sales. This position reports to the Client Operations Manager, based in Philadelphia.
The Client Services Associate has three main areas of responsibility:
- On-the-ground and urgent issues - Assist clients and guides with on-the-ground issues for scheduled tours. Collaborate with the global team to resolve larger conflicts. Fulfill last-minute tour requests where possible.
- Answer calls and emails - Assist clients and agents with general inquiries, placing orders, and adjusting orders. Support the sales team by assessing opportunities for sales and escalating accordingly.
- Order fulfillment - Process bookings for group tours. Update clients and agents on group tour status as needed. Update orders with additional pertinent travel info where possible.
Whenever able to, we encourage participation in company-wide meetings and trainings during US business hours, but do not require it if you are not scheduled to work.
Candidates must be comfortable with a high-volume call and email environment. A seasonal weekly schedule is set depending on overall team availability and scheduling needs. We currently ask that each team member works at least 1 evening shift per week and usually need a minimum commitment of 2 shifts per week. We can offer increased hours during our high season (April-October).
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Candidates must be highly collaborative, cross-functional, and enjoy the startup stage. Superior communication skills and proven experience working on a distributed, cross-cultural team are indispensable to this role.
- Bachelor degree (or similar post-secondary qualifications) in the liberal arts or in business or travel management.
- English fluency (mother-tongue or equivalent); other language skills are a plus.
- Minimum of 2 years of front-line customer service experience, preferably in hospitality and/or phone support.
- Office administration and/or cultural sector work is helpful.
- High computer proficiency required - preference for applicants with experience in Salesforce, Slack, and the Google for Business suite (Google Sheets, Docs, Forms, Drive, Gmail).
- Familiarity with our major destinations is preferred- Italy, Paris, London, Europe, Japan.
- Ability to work efficiently and multitask in a fast-paced, international, tech-reliant environment.
- Demonstrated experience working both as part of a team and independently - preference for applicants with experience working on a remote team.
- Must possess appropriate documentation to work legally in the US.
In addition to the above, we?d like to see the following soft skills:
- Engaging and friendly manner
- A high level of organization & detail orientation
- A can-do approach to problem-solving
- Calm under pressure
- Practitioner of the growth mindset & voracious desire to learn
- Exceptional communicator with personal and professional goals
- Believer in the transformative power of cultural travel
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Join Context tours for free or at a heavy discount.
- We offer annual stipends for education and tech needs.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a resume and cover letter. Only applications submitted in English will be considered. Candidates must be legally eligible to live and work in the US.
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: Philadelphia, PA USA
Zip Code: 19103
Posted on: 12/02/2019
Viewed: 0 times