Clinical Athletic Trainer (Durable Medical Equipment)
for Peachtree Orthopedics in Atlanta, GA USA
Founded in 1953, Peachtree Orthopedics is the oldest orthopedic practice in the Southeast. We?ve grown over the years, but our high standards of excellence and commitment to quality personalized care have remained the same. Awarded one of Atlanta?s Top Workplaces by the Atlanta Journal Constitution in 2019, we offer excellent growth and advancement opportunities.
Peachtree Orthopedics is seeking a full time dedicated and compassionate DME Coordinator that will perform patient fitting and patient education for all stock and custom DME items at our Sandy Springs location.
Peachtree Orthopedics offers scholarship opportunities, appealing work schedules, and a robust benefits package - including PTO, paid holidays, and an excellent 401K contribution.
This position is a Full Time position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- **** patients to DME area and prepare for fitting.
- Application/removal of casts, splints, braces.
- Instruct patients on proper utilization of equipment.
- Maintain stock/inventory within DME and medication dispensing areas.
- Provide patients with educational materials regarding
- Serve as liaison between patient and clinical teams regarding DME items and any medications dispensed in office.
- Run weekly compliance and inventory reports under direction of DME coordinator.
- Provide coverage at other PO sites as directed by DME coordinator.
- Ensure proper documentation for any items dispensed in office.
- General Office:
- Attend meetings and perform duties as requested
- Other Duties:
- Option for voluntary weekend/evening coverage for athletic events, games, and tournaments.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree in Athletic Training from four-year college or university; minimum of one year experience in DME or orthopedic setting. Clinic experience preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Certified Athletic Trainer (ATC) preferred.
American Heart Association's Certification - BLS Certified preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Clinical staff must often be on their feet for much of the day and may have to lift patients who have trouble moving, standing, or walking. These duties can be stressful, as can dealing with ill and injured people. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Employee has responsibility of and is expected to adhere to all Peachtree Orthopedics policies and procedures, to strictly comply with all laws, rules, and regulations and to consistently engage in ethical patient care and business practices.
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: Atlanta, GA USA
Zip Code: 30342
Posted on: 12/02/2019
Viewed: 0 times