Clinical Athletic Trainer - All locations
for Peachtree Orthopedics in Atlanta, GA USA
Athletic Trainers- Come join our team at Peachtree Orthopedics!
Founded in 1953, Peachtree Orthopedics is the oldest orthopedic practice in the Southeast. We?ve grown over the years, but our high standards of excellence and commitment to quality personalized care have remained the same. Awarded one of Atlanta?s Top Workplaces by the Atlanta Journal Constitution in 2019, we offer excellent growth and advancement opportunities.
Peachtree Orthopedics is seeking a Clinical Athletic Trainer who will assist in the examination and treatment of patients under the direction of Peachtree Orthopedics physicians and mid-level providers.
This position is a Full Time position that requires travels to all eight Peachtree Orthopedics locations.
As a float clinical ATC, you will support a variety of sub-specialists (hand, spine, foot/ankle, total joint, sports) and gain a wide variety of orthopedic knowledge and experience. Our team of float ATCs work in this role as a way to gain valuable experience before transitioning to a full time role on a physician's team.
Peachtree Orthopedics offers scholarship opportunities, a continuing education allowance for ATCs, appealing work schedules, PTO, paid holidays and a robust benefits package.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Clinical Athletic Trainers at Peachtree Orthopedics work in the clinics with the following essential duties/responsibilities:
- **** patients to exam area
- Performs intake with patients (including medical and other relevant history), documents vital signs, review of systems and current medications.
- Obtains patient's orthopedic history and order x-rays.
- Prepares and assists with in office procedures (injections/aspirations).
- Completes all orders for advanced imaging, therapy, surgery, medication and DME.
- Applies cast, splints, braces as directed by MD or mid-level provider.
- Performs dressing changes and removes sutures/staples.
- Educates patients on proper use of DME, surgical precautions and plan of care.
- Serves as liaison between patient and physician, answers patient phone calls in a timely manner.
- Completes forms for patients (handicap parking permits, FMLA/disability, work status forms, etc.)
- Schedules surgery and coordinates implants or special equipment/biologics with staff and vendors.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Athletic Training required.
- Master's Degree and 1-2 years of orthopedic clinic experience preferred.
- Athena or other EMR system preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Board Certified as an Athletic Trainer (ATC) with valid license in state of Georgia, and current CPR/BLS certification.
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: Atlanta, GA USA
Zip Code: 30309
Posted on: 12/02/2019
Viewed: 0 times