Compliance Attorney (OSHA)
for Elevate Services in Seattle, WA USA
Elevate's Customer, a Global Online Retail Company's Workplace Health & Safety (WHS) Legal team is looking for a mid-level attorney to work full-time on-site in Seattle to provide coverage while a team member is on leave. The secondee will handle the responsibilities of an attorney on their WHS legal team, specifically supporting the business partners in their consumer and operations businesses on OSHA and related WHS compliance questions, as well as providing day-to-day legal compliance on ongoing OSHA regulatory inspections. This a great opportunity to learn more about the Company's products and services while solving challenging issues, and work directly with business leaders.
<u1:p>This role is scheduled to start in March and is anticipated to last through May 2020.</u1:p>
Skills for Success:
- Able to work independently while exercising great judgment and attention to detail.
- The ability to manage time effectively and independently while prioritizing multiple tasks.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines.
Specifically you will:
- Partner with the WHS team on engagement with regulatory agencies, including OSHA and similar state and federal regulatory agencies.<u1:p></u1:p>
- Provide day-to-advice on OSHA and related regulatory standards.
- Monitor state and federal plan OSHA rulemaking and updating the business on regulatory changes.
- Develop and improve WHS-related compliance policies and procedures.
- Serve as one of the primary lawyers responsible for working with cross-functional teams in Legal, WHS, Public Policy, and Public Relations to advise the business on regulatory compliance and business impact.
- Advise engineering and technology teams on legal compliance of WHS-related innovations.
- Structure, draft, and update WHS-related contracts on an as-needed basis. <u1:p></u1:p>
- 5+ years of experience with workplace safety compliance.
- J.D. required and licensed to practice law in any state.
Elevate is the Law Company. We provide consulting, technology and services to law departments and law firms. The company's legal, business and technology professionals extend and enable the resources and capabilities of customers worldwide. Elevate's achievements and distinctions include:
- Winner of the American Lawyer Industry Awards Best Alternative Legal Services Provider of the Year 2019.
- Winner of British Legal Awards Alternative Service Provider of the Year 2019.
- Winner of the IACCM Innovation and Excellence Awards 2019 - Outstanding Service Provider (Americas and Global).
- Ranked as a Top Global Services Provider by Chambers & Partners five years in a row.
Learn more at https://elevateservices.com
See more jobs at https://elevateservices.eightfold.ai/careers
Fol low us on social media at
Powered by JazzHR
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: Seattle, WA USA
Zip Code: 98101
Posted on: 02/12/2020
Viewed: 0 times