Contract Specialist IV
for Martek Global Services Inc. in Beltsville, MD USA
The Contract Specialist IV will provide non-personal acquisition support services to the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), Agricultural Research Service (ARS) for Contracting Operations and Contract Oversight. The job-site for this position is at a USDA location and not Martek?s corporate office, therefore the Contract Specialist III is always required to practice independent judgment and discretion with all job-related functions performed. This position requires the involvement of sensitive customer matters, data, insight and task that are of significant value to our customer?s mission and goals. As such, the Contract Specialist III is required to complete a Non-Disclosure Agreement and Non-Compete Agreements for Martek and its customer.
Responsibilities & Duties
The Contract Specialist IV provides demonstrated technical expertise and hands-on skills in a wide variety of purchasing operations exceeding the simplified acquisition threshold (SAT). They will perform reviews of purchase orders, delivery/task orders and / or negotiated contracts for supplies, services, and construction requirements, to ensure compliance with Federal, Departmental, and Mission-Area Acquisition Regulations, Policies, and Procedures. Tasks undertaken on a day-to-day basis related to purchasing operations include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct oversight reviews, for contracts, simplified acquisition procedures, blanket purchase agreements, and purchase card and convenience check actions and documents non-compliance with Federal, Departmental, and Mission-Area Acquisition Regulations, Polices and Procedures. Reviews are thorough and identify areas of major concern as well as smaller issues associated with documentation in order to help ensure the agency is issuing quality solicitation and contract documents.
- Participate in Contract Review Boards in accordance with agency policy and any other instruction provided at time of assignment. Comments provided for CRB reviews are detailed, complete, and appropriate.
- Perform ad-hoc compliance reviews as requested, ensure actions under review are thoroughly reviewed for accuracy and any errors, issues, or omissions are fully documented, and recommend corrective actions are well thought out and appropriate for the issue at hand.
- Ensure reviews and reports are completed within stated response times. Response times will vary depending on the nature and complexity of the review.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor?s degree OR 1 year of education for 2 years of experience in the required field
7 years of Federal contracting experience
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: Beltsville, MD USA
Zip Code: 20705
Posted on: 12/02/2019
Viewed: 0 times