Corporate & Foundation Relationships Manager (New England Region)
for FIRST in Boston, MA USA
Who We Are
FIRST is the world?s leading youth-serving nonprofit advancing STEM education and the development of holistic skills to prepare young people for the future. For 30 years, FIRST has combined the rigor of STEM learning with the fun and excitement of traditional sports and the inspiration that comes from community through programs that have a proven impact on learning, interest and skill-building inside and outside of the classroom. This legacy and opportunity is as strong and dynamic as ever, as FIRST creates the people who will change the world ? today and tomorrow.
About this Role
We are seeking a dynamic and motivated relationship builder to support the strategic efforts of the Development Team in New England. The Corporate & Foundation Relationships Manager will serve as the primary liaison responsible for the identification, cultivation, solicitation, stewardship, coordination, and advancement of strategic donors and sponsors of FIRST in the New England Region. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast paced, collaborative environment where the work makes a difference and has superb networking, teamwork, negotiation, and interpersonal/diplomatic skills with the ability to work effectively with stakeholders to achieve a common goal. This candidate will be as comfortable making ?cold calls? along Route 128 as they are diligently dotting i?s and crossing t?s in contracts and systems.
In return, we promise a fast-paced, challenging, and rewarding environment where you will be part of a team that cares about each other and thrives on each other?s successes. You?ll feel good about the future of the world after doing hard work with the talented people at FIRST and will have a front row seat to our life changing programs.
Reports to: Vice President, Development. This role is remote with a strong preference for the candidate to be based in the Boston area.
- Build and nurture strategic relationship with new to FIRST donor organizations
- Identify potential opportunities to cultivate new relationships with donors
- Collaborate with stewardship team for key support of sponsors
- Work with other staff on solicitation strategies for top-tier donors of FIRST
- Maintain and grow existing key relationships by providing strategy, leadership, and direction for specified accounts. Set support level goals, develop short- and long-term strategies and implements plans to meet the FIRST growth objectives
- Establish an appropriate plan for each sponsor
- Develop a deep account knowledge base to better implement strategic and tactical initiatives for growth
- Work with New England Program Delivery Partners to support their fund-raising efforts.
- Oversee the credibility of accurate, accessible, and up-to-date sponsor and donor database and files;
- Work with Research & Evaluation colleagues, providing input on sponsor impact and data requirements
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor?s degree (BA/BS) in nonprofit management, business, or related/equivalent experience is required
- Comprehensive knowledge of development and corporate relations and a demonstrated ability to solicit and increase gifts.
- Successful experience in managing budgets and fundraising project schedules.
- Demonstrated ability to manage, cultivate and grow sponsor donations
- Familiarity with and a passion for the FIRST mission
Commitment to FIRST Core Values:
Discovery: We explore new skills and ideas.
Innovation: We use creativity and persistence to solve problems.
Impact: We apply what we learn to improve our world.
Inclusion: We respect each other and embrace our differences.
Teamwork: We are stronger when we work together.
Fun: We enjoy and celebrate what we do!
Thriving on our core values, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: Boston, MA USA
Zip Code: 02101
Posted on: 12/02/2019
Viewed: 0 times