County System of Care Trainer - Orange
for Embrace Families in Orlando, FL USA
POSITION OBJECTIVE: To deliver effective training and support to the system of care staff to ensure they have the knowledge and the skills needed to provide services to the children and families within our care.
- Deliver the state-wide pre-service curriculum as needed on a back-up basis.
- Develop and deliver in-service training utilizing Subject Matter Experts when appropriate to cover topics such as case management practice, safety planning, legal processes, domestic violence, client engagement, and substance abuse.
- Enhance pre-service training by insuring that county-specific practicum days are scheduled to assist in the transfer of learning.
- Facilitate learning circles on relevant topics.
- Provide frequent support to case management through the use of labs.
- Provide event information to the Training Manager for inclusion on the website training calendar.
- Produce and utilize training reports (attendance and skills assessment)
- Effectively utilize training/course effectiveness data.
- Conduct second party reviews of cases submitted for certification.
- Participates in creation and annual reviews of Unit Policy and Procedure Manuals to ensure all policy and procedures reflect current state, federal and system of care requirements.
- Participate in the agency strategic plan & quality improvement processes
- Ability to safely & successfully perform essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA, & other federal, state, & local standards, including meeting qualitative & quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with <st1:city w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">ADA</st1:place></st1:city>, FMLA & other federal, state, & local standards
- Ability to comply with all personnel policies & procedures
We understand the importance that every provider, parent and employee plays in the success of our mission to protect and inspire every child, every day. An essential function of all employees is to provide excellent customer service by being professional and respectful in all interactions each and every day. It is also expected that all employees are timely and responsive in their communication with others.
- Duties in other counties as assigned
This list of functions is not intended to be exhaustive. The agency reserves the right to revise this job description as needed to comply with actual job requirements.
- Bachelor?s degree in Education, Human Resources Development, Human Services or a related degree
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a teacher, professional trainer, or in supervising and managing child welfare programs
- Demonstrable experience developing and delivering training curriculum
- Master?s degree in Education, Human Resources Development, Human Services or a related degree
- Certified Child Welfare Professional Trainer
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient in the use of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to interact with and maintain high morale among employees
- Demonstrate cultural and linguistic competence & sensitivity to population served
- Ability to travel
- Thorough Background Screening upon hire including FBI, FDLE, Local Law check, Employment Reference check, DMV check, Criminal Records check, Social Security Trace & Drug Screening. FDLE check will be run at least every 5 years.
- On-call assignments- N/A
- Travel- local: 15% per week, long-distance: 1.5% per month
PHYSICAL & MENTAL REQUIREMENTS: (N=Needed P=Preferred)
Analyzing (N), Bending-neck (P), Bending-waist (P), Calculations (P),
Carrying/Lifting (P), Climbing (P), Crawling/Crouching (P), Finger Movements (N), Handling Objects (N), Kneeling (P), Pushing/Pulling (P), Reaching (P), Reading & Comprehending (N), Reasoning (N), Sitting (P), Squatting (P), Standing (P), Twisting-neck (P), Twisting-waist (P), Walking (P), Writing (N) &nbs p;   ;
POSITION STATUS: Exempt
1 = general direction, 2 = direction, 3 = general supervision, 4 = supervision, 5 = close supervision
Supervised by: Training Manager (3) &nbs p;   ;
S tarting Salary: $41,600.00 / Year (Negotiation Based on Experience)
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: Orlando, FL USA
Zip Code: 32835
Posted on: 02/07/2020
Viewed: 0 times