for Grace Federal Solutions LLC in Durham, NC USA
Perform a variety of specialized tasks involved in the performance of CT scans.
Duties and Responsibilities of this Level
- Perform complex specialized tasks associated with the operation of CT scanners, power injectors, and related equipment in accordance with prescribed radiation safety procedures. Position patients for CT scans using patient positioning devices and protective equipment as necessary.
- Perform exams accurately per established protocols, policy, and patient safety standards.
- Assist radiologist with imaging procedures, starting IV's, and injecting contrast, if applicable.
- Assist radiologist with interventional CT procedures.
- Evaluate CT scans for technical quality, collate processed images in sequence of exposure and appropriately label. Film/transmit to Image Archival System.
- Schedule patients for procedures; assist with clerical functions.
- Charge procedures and supplies in EHR.
- Dispense and or order oral contrast to patients for CT scans.
- Maintain accurate patient records.
- Provide orientation and training to new CT technologists.
- Provide care for the psychological and physical needs of patients and their families for CT scans.
- Provide education and training to student technologists.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work therein.
- Coordinate scheduling and patient flow
- Demonstrate proficiency in IV placement for contrast administration.
- Demonstrate proficiency and accuracy in performance of all exam protocols.
- Assist with the education and training of new physicians (interns, residents, fellows, and attending???s). If applicable.
- Assist radiologists and PhD's in developing new protocols and CT imaging techniques that are unique to facility.
- Perform CT specific technical assistance with projects assigned by supervisor including but not limited to: Team lead, R & D, protocol development, charge reconciliation and demonstration of equipment.
Completion of an AMA approved School of Radiologic Technology plus completion of an accredited CT program
OR Graduate of a bachelor's degree program in Radiology, with two semesters of clinical rotation in CT
Level I must obtain ARRT certification within one year of employment.
Level II Minimum of two years' experience as a CT technologist.
Level III A minimum of 4 years' experience within specialty modality in which they are seeking promotion
|Degrees, Licensure, and/or Certification:|
ARRT certification in Radiography
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: Durham, NC USA
Zip Code: 27701
Posted on: 12/02/2019
Viewed: 0 times