Customer Service Rep - bilingual Spanish/English
for Twisted Throttle in Exeter, RI USA
The Company. Twisted Throttle is an established company with a healthy growth record and a dynamic management team. Located in Exeter, Rhode Island, Twisted Throttle was founded at the cusp of the now-exploding adventure motorcycling craze and is currently positioned as one of the major players in the market. We provide premium bolt-on motorcycle accessories for the adventure, sport-touring, and sport bike markets, primarily serving European and Japanese motorcycle riders. As exclusive North American distributor for leading powersports and ADV brands (including SW-Motech, R&G and others), we also specialize in prototyping, product development, wholesale distribution, and Internet retail sales for the full line of Twisted Throttle?s house of brands.
The Position. In order to better serve our Spanish-speaking Latin American customers, we are hiring for the role of a bilingual Gear Scout (a.k.a. Customer Service Representative) for our Exeter, Rhode Island location. Excitement, passion and experience with motorcycles is a must! This position focuses on all levels of customer interaction, including phone, email, live chat, and in-person interactions with visitors to our factory store. Internally, a Gear Scout provides feedback to our suppliers to create and improve products, improve the customer experience, and troubleshoot installation challenges. A Gear Scout has the responsibility and the authority to make decisions to take care of the customer, no matter what it takes.
This is the main entry point to our organization, and a great entry to the motorcycle industry; growth into other departments and management roles is common via our training program. This role is key to our success: you are the face of our brand, and we are dedicated to developing your skills alongside the success of the company.
Full time and part time will be considered; full time is preferred. A valid motorcycle license and availability for night and weekend hours are required. Come join the Twisted Crew and see what the excitement is about!
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Providing expert outfitting advice for the unique needs of each customer via phone, email and chat
- Editing and processing customer orders
- Providing estimated time of arrival of backorders and suggesting substitute in-stock items as needed
- Working with the Customer Service Supervisor to improve the customer experience and develop new ways to wow clients
- Talking customers through installation and use of motorcycle accessories and gear
- Facilitating returns and exchanges
- Assisting in training new recruits
- Assisting with retail showroom and sales
- Must love motorcycles, riding, and the gear that goes with it. We need folks that are passionate experts about their riding and the gear they use.
- Must be a polished written and verbal communicator: this career is writing and communication intensive.
- Must love people! You'll be interacting with customers and your team all day, every day.
- Dedication to proactive personal development, self improvement, and hustle
- Drive to deliver a great customer experience that exceeds expectations
- Previous experience in retail, customer service, or ecommerce is preferred
- Ability to multitask with attention to detail in a fast paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Ability to independently problem solve
- Conversational and written business Spanish fluency required; familiarity with Latin American dialects, mechanical terminology and motorcycle terminology strongly preferred
- Experience writing marketing text in English and Spanish preferred
Working Conditions: Enthusiasm for motorcycles is preferred for all positions at Twisted Throttle, as enthusiasm for any sport, outdoor, or adventure activity is key to fitting in with our passionate culture. (All new hires without previous motorcycle experience are provided opportunity to attend the motorcycle safety course and obtain their motorcycle driver's license.) Whether you are a motorcycle enthusiast or not, count on the contagion of the Twisted Throttle organization?s passion and drive. You will work in an office environment with a great management team that loves to work hard, have fun, and win!
Department hours are 8:30AM to 7:30PM Monday through Friday, and 9AM - 5PM Saturday. Staff members can request and trade specific shifts with each other; some Saturday and evening shifts are required of all staff members.
Benefits and Perks:
- The Tame. Twisted Throttle provides competitive benefits for full time staff, including multiple health, dental and vision insurance options, Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), term life insurance equivalent to one year's pay, 401k with company match, gym membership reimbursement, an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), subsidized classes and convention entry for professional development, and paid time off that grows with your time at the company. AFLAC benefits, including Cancer, Life, Disability and Accident plans, are also available.
- The Twisted. Aside from awesome discounts on powersports gear and motorcycles, our culture includes a few unconventional traditions. Quarterly employee appreciation days include Nerf jousting, trips to breweries, and motorcycle release parties. Our weekly "Meat Wednesday" is a group lunch where all departments get together for fun, recognition and vittles. Our Ducati espresso machine keeps us fueled in the office, and our Moto Sabbatical rewards completing four years of service with a nine-day paid motorcycle-related trip; Twisted Crew members have ventured on two wheels to Alaska, Key West, the Alps, Mexico and more on their sabbaticals.
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: Exeter, RI USA
Zip Code: 02822
Posted on: 12/02/2019
Viewed: 0 times