Data Center Operations Engineer
for Fareportal Inc. in New York, NY USA
At Fareportal, we create the technology that is driving innovation in the travel industry - one of the world?s fastest-growing sectors. Our employees are the core of our organization and together we?re revolutionizing the way people book travel.
Our portfolio of brands including CheapOair and OneTravel receive over 100 million visitors annually and drive over $4 billion in annual revenue.
The role will be the Data Center Operations team, with staff based in the US and India and reporting directly to the Manager of IT. This person needs to understand the unique challenges and identify opportunities to leverage the company?s data center and office server/storage environment
- Take operational ownership of the New Jersey/Texas data center infrastructure and its associated components and services (Wintel servers, Citrix, Linux, Storage, backups, etc.).
- Take ownership of our cloud operations in Azure.
- Participate in enterprise level projects from a data center and cloud perspective.
- Perform necessary analysis of the data center infrastructure and contribute to the design of the architecture, integration and installation of the DC infrastructure.
- Perform necessary analysis of the cloud infrastructure and contribute to the design of the architecture, integration and implementation.
- Storage design and administration
- Manage relationships and work with 3<sup>rd</sup> party vendors to escalate issues when appropriate.
- Ensure capacity planning is in place and reviewed on a regular basis with the Fareportal Management. Coordinate and work collaboratively with other departments in order to understand and meet business requirements.
- Create and maintain documentation for all Fareportal infrastructure environments, including data center, cloud, on premise, etc.
- Working knowledge of VMware, hyperV , SCOM, SCCM, AWS, Azure, Storage (EMS, Netapp, pure etc)
- Contribute to disaster recovery plans and initiates routine review and testing of DR plans where applicable.
- Participate in evaluation of 3<sup>rd</sup> party vendor proposals.
- Take proactive approach in provisioning extra capacity to meet needs or determines more analysis is required to determine types of usage.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Capacity planning
- Solution designing
- Project deployment and time management
- Strong knowledge of data center technologies (Wintel servers, Linux servers, Citrix, Storage, backups, etc)
- Implement, secure, scale and troubleshoot a global, multi-cloud cloud platform and products.
- Strong cloud operations experience in Azure.
- Stay current on technologies and best practice designs, proper implementations, high-performance optimizations, and self-service troubleshooting skills.
- As a team, create runbooks, process, policies and ?Infrastructure as Code? recipes to build scalable, fault-tolerant, and resilient networks for product and operations teams.
- Accelerate the transformation from datacenter-centric design patterns to immutable, automated, highly-available and a zero-trust cloud-based infrastructure.
- With the team, design cloud-native privileged account management solutions in the cloud for key management, service account and secrets management, rotation and event response.
- Implement and monitor the security controls and performance metrics of the cloud network layer, including resiliency checks and failure prediction.
- Experience with automation tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, SaltStack, etc.
- Previous participation in bug-hunting, pen tests, vulnerability assessments a plus
- Good working knowledge of networking a plus
- Willingness to be part of an on-call rotation when needed.
- Graduate/ IT Diploma with minimum of 5+ years of data center and cloud experience.
- Certification: Windows, Citrix, Linux, Azure
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate with a wide variety of audiences, both business and technical as well as executive through team levels;
- Establishes and maintains effective management and peer-level relationships;
- Ability to manage cross-functional, matrixed organizations
- Strong program/project management skills; ability to prioritize tasks and work with multiple priorities;
- Proven analytical, problem-solving and research skills; attention to detail;
- Ability to work in fast paced, highly flexible environment
- Strong organization and planning skills.
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: New York, NY USA
Zip Code: 10020
Posted on: 12/02/2019
Viewed: 0 times