Data-scientist Lead, Paris Office
for Synthesio in Addison, TX USA
Synthesio (https://www.synthesio.com/) is a global organization with offices in NY, London, Paris, Brussels and Singapore. We are an "established startup" of about 140 employees, created in 2006, which is recently became part of the IPSOS group, one of the global leaders in market research.
Synthesio provides a Social Intelligence platform to customers that allows them to make sense of the chatter that goes on throughout social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram etc, blogs, forums.). We sell into the Marketing or Communication leaders in large F1000 companies - such as Mastercard, Nissan - or large agencies - such as WPP.
Our Culture Is
- Global: Global organization, very flat, we interact daily with all offices, all time zones, more than 30 different cultures, so we appreciate being open-minded, respectful.
- Simple: We take pride in finding simple solutions to complex problems, so we look for scalable solutions, we are proactive looking for/ giving feedback, being assertive, honest.
- Fun: We believe that autonomy, trust, conviviality, being oneself and have fun is the best way to flourish and give the best of oneself.
Under the CTO, you will manage the Data Science team of Synthesio
- Enjoy manipulating billions of data (60+ millions a day, 3PB of datastores) on NLP (Clustering, Sentiment Analysis, Entity Recognition?), Computer Vision and Trends detection
- Work closely with data engineering to setup data processing pipelines including data preparation, models training, feedback loops
- Work closely with Product Team which features we can incorporate and define which we will buy, which we will build internally, and which we will partner with
- Good knowledge about developing Data Science models
- Interested in integrating models in data processing pipelines manipulating billions of data
- Knowledge in the fields of NLP, Computer Vision and Trends detection is a plus
- Our Stack : ReactJS, Go, Mysql, ElasticSearch, Kafka, REST & GraphQL APIs, Git, Vagrant, Docker, Jenkins, Python, Cassandra
- 5-6 years of experience as in a tech company
- Interested in understanding user needs
- Rigour and strong appetite for software quality
- Fluent in English or French. This includes written, speaking and reading
- Highly preferred - prior experience leading a small team as well as having prior experience in a high growth SaaS product company
- Eager to setting management best practices: have regular 1:1s, aim at individual growth of the team members, foster a thriving environment...
- Represent the organization and advocate its data analytics efforts and capabilities using external presentations and publications
- Good communicator, self-starter and collaborative enthusiast
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: Addison, TX USA
Zip Code: 75001
Posted on: 12/02/2019
Viewed: 0 times