Day Program Training Specialist
for East Bay Innovations in Oakland, CA USA
Job Title: Community Day Supports Specialist
NEW HIRE BONUS: For a limited time, EBI is offering a new hire bonus of $250 to all new employees after the first 90 days of employment, plus an additional $250 bonus after the first 6 months of employment. That's a total of $500 extra income to thank you for joining our team. Apply today!
About the Position:
Our Community Day Support (CDS) program offers one-on-one support to adults with developmental disabilities. CDS clients participate in a lot of fun activities throughout the community. Swimming, ice skating, bicycling, art, music, dance and cooking are just some of the great things you and your clients will get to do together. CDS is currently seeking a to help support clients out in the community to have fun and enjoy all that their community has to offer! The Specialist will provide support to CDS clients as assigned and provide on-call support as needed.
Qualifications and Duties:
- An understanding of and commitment to the philosophy of inclusion, normalization and consumer-driven services.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to be extremely flexible with scheduling to include availability to work Monday through Friday, 7am to 6pm.
- Ability to provide a variety of supports as required by each assigned consumer to include lifting, transferring and personal care.
- Train new direct service staff as assigned.
- Provide administrative support as needed to include, but not limited to: developing and implementing Day Program activities for consumers, filing of documents, and documenting trends.
- Work effectively with significant persons in each consumer?s life (i.e., family members, friends, significant others).
- Work effectively with other EBI staff, representatives from other agencies and members from the community.
- Maintain a consistent positive attitude when working with each consumer and in representing the agency in the community effectively.
- Provide on-call support and fill shift as needed.
- Must have a valid California driver's license, proof of auto insurance, and access to a vehicle.
The specialist must be willing and able to travel to Oakland, Berkeley, Piedmont, and Albany. This is a full-time position working 8 hours per day, Monday - Friday, 7am-6pm flex.
Health and Wellness Benefits:
- Medical coverage for those working 30 hours a week or more, with three different health plans for you to choose from
- Dental and vision coverage for both full-time and part-time staff
- Free mental health counseling sessions for you and members of your household
- Annual health & wellness fair with free massage, cooking demonstration, wellness seminar, and wellness gift raffles
- Semi-monthly yoga classes at our office - paid time!
- Flexible Spending Account so you can use pre-tax dollars to cover your medical expenses
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, allowing you to use pre-tax dollars to cover childcare expenses
- Commuter benefits, allowing you to save big on BART and bus with pre-tax dollars loaded onto your clipper card
Investing in your Future Benefits:
- 403(b) retirement plan so you can invest in your future
- Free financial coaching from an expert advisor to help answer any financial questions you may have
- Education Assistance Fund, providing reimbursement for tuition, fees, and supplies for education and self-enrichment courses
Career Advancement Benefits:
- Membership in the Service Employees International Union (SEIU) Local 1021, helping you advocate for employment terms that work for you
- Ability to view and apply for supervisory position openings before they are advertised to the general public - we love to promote from within!
- Many opportunities for training so you can feel confident in the work you do and prepare for future career opportunities
- Paid sick leave for all employees, and paid vacation for full-time employees
- Paid holidays for all
- Mileage reimbursement for on-the-job driving at 54.5 cents per mile
- Free legal consultation for any legal concerns you may have outside of work
- Staff appreciation month with a BBQ, a party, daily raffles, and more, to celebrate you and the important work that you do
<iframe allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/fE01oDwjTWc" width="560"></iframe>
About Our Organization:
Established in 1994, East Bay Innovations (EBI) is a nonprofit human services organization that supports people with developmental disabilities, such as intellectual disabilities, autism, and cerebral palsy. Our person centered services support people to live in their own homes, make choices about how they live, work in jobs of their choosing, and enjoy being part of their communities. We seek to further the human rights and empowerment of people with disabilities, and hire people who care about social justice and want to make a difference in the lives of others.
*East Bay Innovations is an equal opportunity employer. We will consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: Oakland, CA USA
Zip Code: 94612
Posted on: 12/02/2019
Viewed: 0 times