Delivery Driver - Commerce, CA
for Wine Warehouse in Commerce, CA USA
Wine Warehouse is a multi-generational, family owned and operated, wholesale distributor of fine wine, beer and spirits for California seeking a FULL-TIME Day Warehouse Driver in the following area:
Operates a bobtail truck of less than 28,000 lbs. rated capacity with two axles to deliver products to customers. Loads and unloads products, checks quantities of goods received, obtains proper signatures, and receives/collects payments for products delivered. Driving is confined within a specific area.
<h1 style="margin:0in 0in 0.0001pt">Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following; other duties may be assigned or requested:</h1>
- Drives bobtail truck or commercial vehicle to deliver cases of wine, beer cases, beer kegs, and other products (approximately 500 miles round trip).
- Makes pickups weighing approximately 45 lbs of wine and Beer. Beer kegs weigh up to approximately 150 lbs. Note: Lifting beer kegs must be handled by two associates.
- Checks in all deliveries with customer.
- Rotates new inventory with old inventory.
- Assists in loading and unloading products manually.
- Inspects, cleans, and follows the Maintenance Check List on assigned vehicle.
- Picks up empty beer kegs and other products that are returned for credit.
- Deliver products to assigned customers in a prompt, safe, and business-like manner.
- Obtains customer signature and collects payment for products delivered if applicable.
- Returns all appropriate delivery receipts to Driver Supervisor at the end of the shift.
- Performs daily pre/post trip inspection of vehicle.
- Performs proper equipment maintenance as required.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Minimum 2-3 years? experience as a Delivery Driver.
- Has knowledge of locating customer locations utilizing a GPS or a map.
- Knowledge of basic math.
- Skilled in reading, comprehending, interpreting, and executing simple instructions.
- Possesses class ?C? driver license or commercial license ?B? and maintains good driving record.
Includes bending, squatting, reaching, walking, standing, carrying, and lifting an average of 50 pounds or more. The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Frequent walking, standing, kneeling, bending, stooping, reaching and climbing is required.
- Lifting of 50 pounds or more.
- Occasional handling of will-calls: Receiving product from the warehouse and delivering the product to customer(s).
- Loading and unloading products into bobtail truck
- Placing cases of wine in the trunk of the car ? removing each case from the trunk of the car and delivering the product to customer(s).
- Handling of kegs ? this must be handled by two associates.
- Occasional riding on a forklift (Company will train and certify).
- Wearing appropriate footwear that provides comfort and support for driving, bending, stooping and climbing.
- Must be able to hear with specific vision abilities which include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Powered by JazzHR
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: Commerce, CA USA
Zip Code: 90022
Posted on: 12/02/2019
Viewed: 0 times