Desktop Support Technician
for Innovative Systems in Pittsburgh, PA USA
Desktop Support Specialist
Innovative Systems, Inc. is looking for an experienced Desktop Support Specialist. This individual will be hands on, working with our IT Manager to ensure our IT infrastructure runs smoothly and supporting our employees with hardware, software and related peripheral equipment setup, installation, configuration, and issue resolution.
You will work at Innovative?s World Headquarters in Pittsburgh (Greentree) where you will experience an environment known for its fast-paced, diversity, and supportive culture. Named a 2019 Top Workplace, Innovative employees feel proud knowing that Innovative?s data quality and compliance solutions help make the world a bit safer!
What you will be doing:
- Provide technical support for employee computer software, hardware, and peripheral equipment including configuration, setup, and troubleshooting and issue resolution via phone, email, or in person
- Configure, install and maintain local area network hardware, software and telecommunications services such as, servers, routers, bridges, switches, modems, cabling, and Internet service providers.
- Upgrade computer operating systems and MS Office.
- Establish and maintain network user environment, directories, and security.
- Create user accounts, support network users and shares.
- Maintain and control hardware / software inventories.
- Develop and communicate standards for use, operations, and security of network, personal computers and data.
- Communicate with other departments to report and resolve software, hardware, and operations problems.
- Maintain integrity and professionalism in all dealings with internal teams and prospective clients
- Achieve team and personal objectives
Requirements you must have includes:
- At least 1 to 3 years of previous IT desktop support or related computer technology experience
- Prior experience working in a small to medium sized data center
- Prior work experience and knowledge of:
- Windows Server 2008 and 2012
- Windows 7 and 10
- MS Office 2010, 2013
- MCP, DCSE, Preferred
- Highly analytic with a solutions-oriented approach to solving problems
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and resolve simple to complex technical issues
- Entrepreneurial mindset and high levels of intellectual curiosity
- Values and demonstrates adherence to confidentiality and ethics
- Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to understand and convey technical concepts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Results-oriented and resourceful
- Strong work ethic with a drive to go the extra mile
- Effective team player and collaborator
- Ability and willingness to be on call a few times a month.
It's a plus if you have:
- A 2 year technical degree or 4 year college or university degree
- A+ Certification
- Knowledge of Cisco Firewalls
- Fluency with other languages
Work environment / physical demands:
- General office environment
- May be occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Must regularly lift and/or move 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Innovative provides you with:
Competitive salary, medical, vision, dental, and life and disability insurances. Generous paid time off, tuition reimbursement and a 401K plan are among some of the other benefits in support of your health, career, and financial well-being.
Along with being named a 2019 Top Workplace by the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Innovative was named a technology leader and ranked #1 in customer satisfaction in The Information Difference analyst group?s 2019 Data Quality Landscape. With clients in over 60 countries, Innovative has been providing superior enterprise solutions since 1968. Our products include data quality solutions for data cleansing and matching, data discovery, data management, and global address validation and geocoding; anti-money laundering (AML) compliance solutions, including sanctions and PEP screening; and specific-purpose business support applications to reduce credit losses, identify better prospects, improve customer service, and better align marketing and business intelligence projects.
Innovative?s work locations include:
- North America: Innovative?s World Headquarters, Pittsburgh, PA.
- Europe: London, UK; Frankfurt, Germany
- Latin America: Mexico City, Mexico; So Paulo, Brazil
- Middle East: Dubai, United Arab Emirates; Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
*This position does not qualify for work visa sponsorship
Powered by JazzHR
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: Pittsburgh, PA USA
Zip Code: 15220
Posted on: 02/06/2020
Viewed: 0 times
More Jobs Like This One
Latitude, Inc. in West Mclean, VA
TEKsystems, Inc in University Of Richmond, VA
TEKsystems, Inc in Baltimore, MD
TEKsystems, Inc in Cleveland, OH
Express Employment Professionals in Detroit, MI
eXcell in Perry, OH
Citadel Federal Credit Union in Exton, PA
MCPc in Oberlin, OH
LLamasoft in Ann Arbor, MI