Development Director - Peacehaven Community Farm
for Armstrong McGuire in Whitsett, NC USA
<h1 style="margin: 0in 0in 8pt;">BACKGROUND &nb sp; &nbs p;   ; & nbsp; &n bsp; &nb sp; &nbs p;   ; & nbsp; </h1>
Peacehaven is a sustainable farm located on 89 beautiful acres of organic gardens, rolling pastures, and lush woodlands that connects people with special needs to their community. Its mission is to connect people with disabilities to the larger community through shared living and the work of a sustainable farm. They host community workdays each Saturday to live out the social good of sharing the work of gardening with people with and without disabilities. Peacehaven also has an affordable supportive-living home for adults with disabilities. Currently three adults with disabilities??Core Members??and two Home Life Leaders reside there. The residents live in a family-style environment where they support, accompany, and care for one another throughout the events of daily life. Peacehaven has become a model community for disability support and environmental sustainability.
Looking towards the future, Peacehaven plans to build additional homes for adults with disabilities, social enterprise vocational programs, and a community center to expand disability services in central North Carolina while fostering an environment where relationships can grow. The vision is to be a destination for learning and growth for people of all abilities. To learn more, visit Peacehaven?s website at www.peacehavenfarm.org.
THE LEADERSHIP OPPORTUNITY
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Development Director will be called upon to lead a comprehensive development program that expands its current donor base and builds infrastructure for a larger array of programs and services. The Director will be a key relationship manager alongside the CEO, each with an active portfolio of donors. The Director will be part of the leadership team working with the CEO and COO to ensure the overall success of Peacehaven. Outside of the Director, the development team consists of part-time communication and database managers, contract event management and administrative support. As the organization?s senior fundraiser, the Director will work in close partnership with the CEO, the Board of Directors, and the Fundraising Committee. The Director will be entrusted with the following key responsibilities:
- Drive Peacehaven?s annual development plan in partnership with the CEO, board, and staff.
- Oversee the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of annual donor constituent groups including board, individuals, corporations, and foundations, utilizing staff and board for execution.
- Manage a personal portfolio of donors resulting in direct face to face solicitation.
- Manage the annual Seeds of Hope campaign by developing strategy; recruiting and managing volunteer leaders; and executing the plan.
- Execute a formal stewardship plan to further engage donors and volunteers in the mission and to show appreciation for their investments.
- Work with the team to conduct fundraising events designed to increase awareness, raise funds, and offer an effective entry point to the organization.
- Oversee proposal and grant development.
- Promote and develop planned giving opportunities among targeted couples and individuals.
- Support capital campaign planning and execution.
Marketing, Communications, and Public Relations
- Work with the communications manager to develop formal communications strategies to support the annual development plan and organizational needs.
- Share stories of impact to motivate volunteers, board members, donors, and partners in ways that inspire support for the agency.
- Work to increase online communication strategies that engage existing and new audiences.?
Leadership and Community Outreach
- Build a philanthropic spirit among staff, board members, donors, and partners.
- Foster a culture of teamwork and accountability throughout the organization, helping develop staff members to their highest potential.
- Serve as a member of the leadership team, helping to ensure strong staff relations and fulfilment of Peacehaven?s mission and strategic vision.
- Represent the mission, vision and values of the organization internally and externally.
- Build the reputation and exposure of the organization through community outreach.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Development Director must be committed to the mission, vision and values of Peacehaven. In addition, he or she should possess the following key attributes:
- Bachelor?s degree from an accredited institution.
- At least 5 years of proven leadership of a comprehensive resource development program with successful face to face solicitations of major gifts ($5,000+).
- Organized and detailed-oriented with demonstrated ability to follow through on commitments.
- Able to build and lead a collaborative team with confidence and humility.
- Ability to articulate, verbally and in writing, a passion for the mission.
- Ability to connect with individuals from all walks of life, including persons with disabilities.
- Success building relationships with teammates and members of the community who can personally invest, or who can influence individual, foundation, or corporate giving.
- Connector whose default is to engage the community to increase awareness of the organization.
- Success working with a non-profit board of directors and fundraising committees.
- Demonstrated understanding of using data to drive fundraising efforts and CRM database experience.
- Experience with capital campaigns is favoured.
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: Whitsett, NC USA
Zip Code: 27377
Posted on: 12/02/2019
Viewed: 0 times