for Evite, Inc. in Los Angeles, CA USA
Come party with a million people a day in celebrating important events in their lives! Evite, the leading digital invitations platform, is looking for people who will contribute to our mission of bringing people together face to face in the most effortless and memorable way possible.
Evite is seeking a DevOps Engineer responsible for building and maintaining the infrastructure supporting the development and deployment processes for our web, platform, and mobile software. This includes working with software engineers, QA, and system administrators to continuously improve and advance associated processes and technologies to a world-class standard. This role will also assist with release engineering activities for our cloud-based services.
- Demonstrated proficiency and experience working with technologies that support highly efficient software delivery including source-control, build, automation, deployment, and monitoring tools
- Strong cloud-based system administration experience including virtualization, configuration management, and scripting experience
- Experience with release engineering activities within a fast-moving agile environment including experience with continuous deployment
- Communication ? You are a clear, succinct and precise communicator (verbal and written) in 1:1 interactions, on working in teams and in front of larger audiences. Your communications provide critical context, increase transparency and elevate mindsets.
- Critical thinking ? You understand how to use (and not use) data to inform your decision-making. You can come up with effective plans to achieve your objectives. No matter what role you have, you can imagine a better future and define a clear path to get there that overcomes complexity, barriers and constraints.
- Cultural fit - Your positive mindset energizes an organization. You attack thorny problems and demonstrate the courage to drive or be part of change. You role model behavior in your everyday work - as an individual, working in teams and with the company overall.
- Collaborate with engineering, and operations personnel to develop and manage infrastructure used in building and deploying Evite's various mobile and cloud-based products
- Support day-to-day software release activities for mobile apps (iOS and Android) and cloud-based products including source-control, ticketing, and configuration management
- Work closely with QA, manage test environments and support general QA and test automation needs
- Help with system administration of Evite's in-house and cloud-hosted infrastructure including customer facing and backoffice systems
- Enforce operational best practices and procedures including but not limited to security and user management
- Monitor and troubleshoot system stability and performance issues
- Identify, evaluate, deploy, and troubleshoot open source tools and technologies in support of software deployment and management
- Proactively keep systems updated with latest software upgrades and patches to ensure best performance and security
- Assist with JIRA system administration
- Create and update documentation that can be used by all release and systems team members
Other Preferred Requirements
- 4 - 6 years experience in supporting software development and DevOps <wbr />processes within an Agile environment
- Experience with cloud administration (Amazon, Google, backoffice SaaS solutions)
- Proficient scripting skills in languages such as Python or Bash
- Experience with configuring and managing system monitoring solutions
- Experience in 24x7 production operations supporting a highly available environment
- Experience with Git source code control system
- Experience with Jenkins build management system
- Experience with the Android and/or iOS ecosystem
- Experience with operating systems administration (Unix, Windows, OS X)
- Self-starter that requires minimal supervision
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Be comfortable working and coordinating with several teams in a fast pace and high growth environment
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
Note: Evite will not provide relocation assistance for this position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Evite, Inc. provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Powered by JazzHR
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: Los Angeles, CA USA
Zip Code: 90017
Posted on: 01/31/2020
Viewed: 0 times