Director - Law Department Consulting (Virtual)
for Elevate Services in New York, NY USA
Elevate is recruiting a Director - Law Department Consulting with excellent strategy and change experience and skills. As a Director of Law Department Consulting at Elevate, you will lead strategic customer engagements for Fortune 500 law departments. You will work autonomously and manage teams with customers on a range of strategic operational improvement exercises working across legal practice areas and operational support functions to identify and deliver process improvement opportunities. As such you will be highly numerate with solid experience in strategic change in a highly demanding professional services sector (experience in a legal department or law firm preferred but not necessary) with exceptional stakeholder management skills.
You will be customer facing from day one, working with industry leading customers to directly impact ROI. As part of a young and growing business, you will have the opportunity to influence the strategic direction of our Consulting practice.
<meta name="copied-from" content="wysihtml5" />
You might be the right person if you...
- Are interested in joining a growing consulting practice with the ability to stand out and make a mark in transforming law departments.
- Have delivered consulting to a law department with experience of process re-engineering, alternative sourcing models and technology enabled change.
- Have a robust training in consulting techniques, whether gained at a major consulting firm or at an in-house change team.
- Enjoy a culture of rapid change.
- Are willing to travel for customer assignments.
- Enjoy working in a fast moving company and are capable of forming strong relationships with colleagues all around the world.
Specifically, you will...
- Deliver legal process improvement strategies to FTSE100/Fortune 500 corporate law departments and UK top 50/US top 100 law firms.
- Work with leadership teams in legal departments and law firms to originate and lead change projects (up to 3 customer projects typically at any one time).
- Use analytics outputs to help shape future change agendas.
- Be overall responsible for implementing solutions to improve department and firm operations and improve ROI.
- Originate your own consulting sales and sell-on of services as well as supporting the sales team more broadly help to support the growth of Elevate?s Consulting practice.
- Work as an ambassador for the company at all times.
- Speak at events and write articles to establish yourself as a thought leader.
- Over time, manage a team of up to 10 consultants in your region.
- Travel up to 35%.
Skills for Success
- Exceptional Excel and Microsoft Office skills.
- Process mapping training.
- Project management training.
- Experience with common law firm technologies a plus.
- 10+ years in a strategic process improvement role.
- Prior consulting experience with a major consulting firm or in-house equivalent change experience in a demanding corporate environment.
- Have autonomously led project delivery and project teams.
- Legal domain experience required.
- Ideally will have working knowledge of core legal practice areas within a law firm/ legal department.
- Process re-engineering experience.
- Business case development experience.
- Managed a team of consultants or internal change teams, ensuring high utilization and successful customer outcomes.
- JD and/or MBA is required.
- Lean or Six Sigma certifications are a plus.
Elevate is the Law Company. We provide consulting, technology and services to law departments and law firms. The company's legal, business and technology professionals extend and enable the resources and capabilities of customers worldwide. Elevate's achievements and distinctions include:
- Winner of the American Lawyer Industry Awards Best Alternative Legal Services Provider of the Year 2019.
- Winner of British Legal Awards Alternative Service Provider of the Year 2019.
- Winner of the IACCM Innovation and Excellence Awards 2019 - Outstanding Service Provider (Americas and Global).
- Ranked as a Top Global Services Provider by Chambers & Partners five years in a row.
Learn more at https://elevateservices.com
Powered by JazzHR
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: New York, NY USA
Zip Code: 10036
Posted on: 01/23/2020
Viewed: 0 times