Director, Law Firm Consulting
for Elevate Services in London, WV USA
Help us shape the future. Elevate is changing the way legal support services are delivered and we are looking for creative, innovative people who can help. If you are a client-focused, Director-level management consultant/ strategic change professional who wants your ideas to make a difference, Elevate's team of highly regarded legal service experts could be the right fit for you.
Elevate is a next-generation global legal service provider that ranked 53<sup>rd</sup> on the Inc. 5000 in 2016, a prestigious annual ranking of the fastest-growing private companies. We help law firms and corporate legal departments with practical ways to improve efficiency, quality and outcomes.
At Elevate we live our core values:
- We deliver - We are careful about the commitments we make to our customers and to each other. We do what we say we will.
- We Innovate - We celebrate creativity. We challenge the status quo and continuously ask of ourselves, and each other how can we improve.
- We care - We listen to our customers? needs and help them solve their business problems. Our work is a positive influence on our personal lives and the lives of our families.
The legal industry is changing and Elevate?s Management Consulting Group are already some of the most respected leaders in the sector delivering first-class strategic advice in support of our client?s goals and aims. As Elevate expands, the Consulting Group is looking to hire an experienced Director, Law Firm Consulting with excellent strategy and change experience and skills.
As a Director of Law Firm Consulting at Elevate, you will lead strategic client engagements for FTSE100/Fortune 500 law departments and US top 100/ UK top 50 law firms. You will work autonomously and manage teams with clients on strategic operational improvement exercises working across legal practice areas and operational support functions. As such you will be highly numerate with solid experience in strategic change in a demanding professional services sector (experience in a legal department or law firm preferred but not critical) with exceptional stakeholder management skills.
You will be client facing from day one, working with industry-leading clients to directly impact ROI. As part of a young and growing business, you will have the opportunity to influence the strategic direction of our Consulting practice and move quickly within the organization.
You might be the right person if:
- You are interested in joining a growing consulting practice with the ability to stand out and make a mark in the legal industry.
- Ideally, you have led the delivery of operational improvements in a legal department or law firms with deep experience of process re-engineering, alternative sourcing models and technology-enabled change.
- You have a robust training in consulting techniques, whether gained at a major consulting firm or at an in-house change team
- You enjoy a culture of rapid change
- You will be willing to travel for client assignments
- You will enjoy working in a fast-moving company and are capable of forming strong relationships with colleagues all round the world
- You have been accountable for selling management consulting services or acting as internal lead for originating major change projects
Specifically, you will be:
- Delivering legal process improvement strategies to FTSE100/Fortune 500 corporate law departments and UK top 50/US top 100 law firms.
- Working with leadership teams in legal departments and law firms to originate and lead change projects (up to 3 client projects typically at any one time)
- Using analytics outputs to help shape future change agendas
- Overall responsible for implementing solutions to improve department and firm operations and improve ROI.
- Originating your own consulting sales and sell-on of services as well as supporting the sales team more broadly help to support the growth of Elevate?s Consulting practice
- Working as an ambassador for the company at all times
- Speaking at events and writing articles to establish yourself as a thought leader
- Over time, managing a team of consultants in your region
- 5-8+ years in a strategic process improvement role.
- Prior consulting experience with a major consulting firm or in-house equivalent change experience in a demanding corporate environment.
- Have autonomously led project delivery and project teams
- Large law department or law firm experience a plus.
- Ideally will have working knowledge of core legal practice areas within a law firm/ legal department.
- Process re-engineering experience.
- Business case development experience.
- Managed a team of consultants or internal change teams, ensuring high utilisation and successful client outcomes
Skills for Success:
- Strong communicator, personable and collaborative.
- Comfortable working autonomously often in highly ambiguous environments but knows when to escalate
- Team player and natural networker
- Reliable, meets deadlines and anticipates problems
- Takes personal ownership of self-improvement
- Exceptional Excel and Microsoft Office skills
- Process mapping training
- Project management training
- Experience with common law firm technologies a plus
- Bachelor's degree required
- MBAs or formal legal training preferred but not essential
Learn more at https://elevateservices.com
See more jobs at https://elevateservices.eightfold.ai/careers
Fol low us on social media at https://www.linkedin.com/company/elevate-servic es or https://twitter.com/ElevateServices
Powe red by JazzHR
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: London, WV USA
Zip Code: 25126
Posted on: 12/24/2019
Viewed: 0 times