Director of Hospitality and Design
for Surya in White, GA USA
Surya is a leading home dcor company, gaining attention for its innovative designs and breadth of high quality home accessories. Products include area rugs, pillows, throws, lighting, accent furniture and art sold through a broad spectrum of global retailers, distributors, interior designers and decorators. Surya fosters an energetic work environment of creativity and collaboration, with each employee taking personal ownership in the company. Surya has been named for seven consecutive years to Inc. Magazine's Inc. 500/5000 list of America's fastest growing privately held companies.
We have a pivotal leadership role Director of Hospitality whose primary focus will be to develop a targeted sales strategy encompassing all Surya products and then spearhead the team?s efforts in expanding growth for our hospitality business segment.
The ideal candidate must be self-directed, results oriented, have an established background in Hospitality Service Industries where they are familiar with ?selling solutions? on bid-spec projects. The Director of Hospitality will be responsible for managing relationships at the corporate level with key Hospitality partners such as Marriott Global, Hilton Worldwide, IHG, Hyatt, Choice Brands, and others as assigned. Along with managing those external relationships, this role will be required to proactively ?be the voice of the industry? by internally educating our leaders and wider salesforce on trends/strategic initiatives in the overall hospitality industry.
- Directly manage a team of regional strategic account representatives.
- Able to identify and quantify viable market opportunities i.e. prioritized relative to other potential opportunities and ability to implement at a national level. Communicate execution plans to Senior Leadership for local and region levels by customer.
- Proactively develop customer programs and promotions to drive revenue and profitability.
- Develop and leverage relationships with national hospitality focused partners
- Develop effective personal relationships with key business segments defined by Surya and key decision makers targeted in hospitality and commercial housing markets.
- Attend and lead all key industry trade events such as HD Expo, IIDEX etc.
- Act as moderator for monthly Design Consultant roundtables with Surya sales, operations and marketing teams
- Manage Surya products as it relates to customer offering, writing specifications and other detail set up and maintenance information.
- High level of technical product and industry knowledge as well as industry codes and standards.
- Maintains expense budgets in an accurate, economical and timely manner.
- Work with internal and external teams to translate market and customer needs into technical product requirements.
- Bachelor?s Degree in business, management, or related area required
- 8+ years previous experience in Hospitality product/services related sales with an emphasis on the major brands and key industry associations.
- Experience in business case analysis, strategic planning and implementation required
- Proficient written, verbal and presentation skills required
- Experience with Salesforce software a plus
- Experience with specification based manufactured products preferred
- Knowledge of wholesale segment of bath and kitchen industry preferred
- Strong computer skills required; proficiency in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and Microsoft Outlook a must as well as experience with Salesforce CRM is preferable.
- 75% Travel to key accounts nationally
The position is based in Cartersville, GA, a 40 minute drive from Downtown Atlanta.
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: White, GA USA
Zip Code: 30184
Posted on: 12/02/2019
Viewed: 0 times