Director, Product Management
for Olo in New York, NY USA
We are seeking a Director of Product Management who will be responsible for growing and expanding our digital product ecosystem by leading a team of product managers across varied domain areas of the platform. The Director will fine-tune solution capabilities by understanding the importance of delivering the right products with the right features that will ultimately contribute to Olo?s strong growth.
The role of Director of Product Management is also one of a cross-functional nature and as such, the Director is expected to liaise with other Olo departments. These departments include engineering, marketing, sales, and design. You will have a critical role in helping to prioritize the product roadmap. If you thrive in a culture of ownership and innovation then this role is for you.
This is a full-time position in downtown New York City.
- Delivering on the product vision and strategy, managing the product team, and driving an innovative, best-in-class strategy
- Ensure that that the company?s overall strategy and goals are supported by those of the product; that the product goals and strategy do not deviate from that of the business
- Primary decision maker for a portfolio of consumer impacting products and services
- Cultivate in the departments? members the product?s vision, the business case, as well as compiling the product planning material necessary for driving product initiatives further with clarity and consensus
- Collaborate with engineering, design, sales, marketing and other relevant functions to drive products and services from cradle to grave.
- Provide overall high-level status and communication across all owned domain areas to internal and external stakeholders
- Thought Leader for customers, prospects and across the organization in leading edge technologies
- Conduct competitive research in the product space to inform the product roadmap.
- Determine and implement the right mix of processes and documentation across the Product team
- Manage product documentation, including release notes; ensuring all Product Managers provide input within each of their areas and work with Product Marketing for external, customer and partner facing release notes
- Develop market opportunity analysis, contribute to market POV, and monitor market trends to identify growth opportunities
- 10+ years of experience in product management for a software technology company that operates in an Agile process framework.
- 5+ years of proven experience directly managing a team of product managers in a fast-paced B2B environment--establishing product vision/strategy, career development, performance management, and recruiting/hiring.
- Experience with Internal and External Customers from a product development perspective, knowledgeable of customer business requirements and able to translate them to engineering and marketing.
- Experience in product management for a start-up or growth-stage company.
- Experience creating and contributing to a software product roadmap, evangelizing the product vision
- Experience with SaaS platforms for enterprise clients
- Proven ability to earn trust of customers and partners, to communicate professionally, and to manage expectations at the appropriate level
- Strong verbal/written communication & data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Proven track record of developing, launching, and generating revenue from enterprise SaaS solutions
- You have worked directly with Engineering teams and Design teams to build project plans and timelines and manage against those timelines to ensure that you ship the right products at the right time with the right quality.
- Ability to lead and facilitate project meetings, team coordination, issue resolution, and action item tracking
- Bachelor?s degree. Preference for undergraduate degree in computer science, business or related technical field
- You have a legal right to work in the U.S., without the need for Olo sponsorship.
- Basic fluency in programming languages and/or database management skills
- Experience in product management for a start-up or growth-stage company
- Restaurant experience in back-of-house or front-of-house roles
Olo is the on-demand interface for the restaurant industry, powering digital ordering and delivery for over 300 restaurant brands across 70,000 locations. Olo?s enterprise-grade software powers every stage of the digital restaurant transaction, from fully-branded guest interfaces to the back-of-house order management features that keep the kitchen running smoothly. Orders from Olo are injected seamlessly into existing restaurant systems to help brands capture demand from on-demand channels such as branded websites and apps, third-party marketplaces, social media channels, and personal assistant devices like the Amazon Echo. Olo is a pioneer in the industry, beginning with text message ordering on mobile feature phones in 2005. Today, over 100 million consumers use Olo to order ahead or get meals delivered from the restaurants they love. Customers include Applebee?s (DIN), Chili?s (EAT), Denny?s (DENN), Five Guys Burgers & Fries, Jamba Juice (JMBA), Noodles & Company (NDLS), Red Robin (RRGB), Shake Shack (SHAK), sweetgreen, Wingstop (WING), and more. SKIP THE LINE
Olo is located on the 82nd floor of One World Trade Center. We offer great benefits, such as 20 days of Paid Time Off, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, stock options, a generous parental leave plan, and perks like FitBits, rotating craft beers on tap in our kitchen, and food events featuring our clients' menu items (now you know why we give out FitBits!). Check out our culture map: https://www.olo.com/images/culture.jpg.
We encourage you to apply!
At Olo, we know a diverse and inclusive team not only makes our products better, but our workplace better. Many groups are consistently underrepresented across the tech sector and we are fully committed to doing our part to move the needle.
Olo is an equal opportunity employer and diversity is highly valued at our company. All applicants receive consideration for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you like what you read, hear, and/or know about Olo, and want to be a part of our team, please do not hesitate to apply! We are excited to hear from you!
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: New York, NY USA
Zip Code: 10007
Posted on: 12/02/2019
Viewed: 0 times