Disability Employment Coach
for East Bay Innovations in San Leandro, CA USA
Job Title: Job Coach
About this Position:
You would provide one on one support for adults with developmental disabilities in Alameda County at their place of employment. Your goal would be to provide respectful, personal, and motivating services that empower our clients to be successful at a job they?re interested in.
No experience required!
This job is a great way to gain experience in the non-profit sector, social work, social services, or education and tutoring. We seek people who want to make a difference in the lives of others and are reliable, dependable, and teachable.
<iframe allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3AsHopb5zc4?rel=0" width="560"></iframe>
You would receive training and get to support clients with:
- Maintaining professional relationships with coworkers
- Organizing and prioritizing job tasks
- Requesting time off with managers
- Planning a main route to work and alternate routes
- Learning new duties and tasks
- Managing stress on busy days
- Anything else work related your client might need support with!
Salary: $17.60 per hour
Health and Wellness Benefits:
- Medical coverage for those working 30 hours a week or more, with three different health plans for you to choose from
- Dental and vision coverage for both full-time and part-time staff
- Free mental health counseling sessions for you and members of your household
- Annual health & wellness fair with free massage, cooking demonstration, wellness seminar, and wellness gift raffles
- Semi-monthly yoga classes at our office - paid time!
- Flexible Spending Account so you can use pre-tax dollars to cover your medical expenses
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, allowing you to use pre-tax dollars to cover childcare expenses
- Commuter benefits, allowing you to save big on BART and bus with pre-tax dollars loaded onto your clipper card
Investing in your Future Benefits:
- 403(b) retirement plan so you can invest in your future
- Free financial coaching from an expert advisor to help answer any financial questions you may have
- Education Assistance Fund, providing reimbursement for tuition, fees, and supplies for education and self-enrichment courses
Career Advancement Benefits:
- Membership in the Service Employees International Union (SEIU) Local 1021, helping you advocate for employment terms that work for you
- Ability to view and apply for supervisory position openings before they are advertised to the general public - we love to promote from within!
- Many opportunities for training so you can feel confident in the work you do and prepare for future career opportunities
- Paid sick leave for all employees, and paid vacation for full-time employees
- Paid holidays for all
- Mileage reimbursement for on-the-job driving at 58 cents per mile
- Free legal consultation for any legal concerns you may have outside of work
- Staff appreciation month with a BBQ, a party, daily raffles, and more, to celebrate you and the important work that you do
This job might be for you if:
- You believe that all people should be in the driver?s seat of their own life
- You enjoy supporting and helping people, no task is too small!
- You enjoy working with people with many different lifestyles and backgrounds
- You are comfortable responding to unexpected challenges; you are cool under pressure and think quickly on your feet
- You like working independently but communicate with your team and supervisor
- You like to learn new things and can learn quickly; when things change, you can roll with the punches
- You are able to meet the requirements of the employers we work with, including dress code, health clearances, and background checks
- You are comfortable completing documentation and following reporting protocols
- You follow through with commitments
- You have your own reliable vehicle, valid driver?s license, and auto insurance, and you are willing to drive to different employment sites throughout the day (we reimburse mileage!)
You would be responsible for building your own schedule, typically in the Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm window. You also may need to work occasional evenings and weekend shifts to support your clients who work in the evening and/or on weekends. You would work 8 hour days, 40 hours per week (driving time included). Full-time staff are preferred, but we would be willing to consider part-time hours for the right person!
About our Organization:
Established in 1994, East Bay Innovations (EBI) is a non-profit human services organization that supports people with developmental disabilities, such as intellectual disabilities, autism, and cerebral palsy. Our person centered services support people to live in their own homes, make choices about how they live, work in jobs of their choosing, and enjoy being part of their communities. We seek to further the human rights and empowerment of people with disabilities, and hire people who care about social justice and want to make a difference in the lives of others.
*East Bay Innovations is an equal opportunity employer. We will consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Powered by JazzHR
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: San Leandro, CA USA
Zip Code: 94577
Posted on: 01/04/2020
Viewed: 0 times
More Jobs Like This One
CENTRIC SOFTWARE INC in Campbell, CA
KinderCare Education LLC in Dublin, CA
Sambasafety in Sacramento, CA
XPO Logistics Worldwide Inc. in Fremont, CA
Beyond Emancipation in Oakland, CA
KinderCare Education LLC in Walnut Creek, CA
MGE Underground, Inc. in Paso Robles, CA
Pet Food Express in Sonoma, CA
Pet Food Express in San Francisco, CA
Pet Food Express in Daly City, CA