Equipment Operator (Full Time Seasonal) at PWM Airport
for Inland Technologies in South Portland, ME USA
We?re hiring Equipment Operators (Full-Time Seasonal) at Portland International Jetport (PWM)
The successful candidate will work as part of a team to safely and efficiently perform glycol recovery and processing services. The Equipment Operator will work at the Portland International Jetport and report to the Site Operations Manager. The position is full-time seasonal and the shifts will vary. A flexible schedule is required.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Follow established guidelines for equipment operation within close proximity to airfield personnel, aircraft and other airfield equipment without interfering with aircraft movement;
- Proper operation and maintenance of testing equipment;
- Transfer of fluid to and from tankers and storage tanks;
- Empty debris tank into storage vessels avoiding risk of overfill and ensuring that fluids are never stored in debris tank overnight;
- Record volume, location and concentration for every load of fluid;
- Move, connect and disconnect hoses;
- Operate industrial valves;
- Service vehicle with fuel as required;
- **** non security badge staff in accordance with airport escorting procedures;
- Monitor equipment for efficient operation;
- Perform quality assurance sampling and testing at regular intervals ensuring samples are in compliance with Government regulations;
- Perform water quality testing and reporting;
- Complete timely repairs, e.g. replace parts; blowers, plumb new lines; re-plumb old lines, install valves, meters, sensors, etc.
- Complete and distribute daily production reports;
As the ideal candidate you possess the following qualifications:
- Minimum 18 years of age;
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Valid driver?s license;
- Must pass airport background security check;
- Successful completion of all classroom and on-the-job training;
- Intermediate computer skills
- Ability to read, write, speak and communicate effectively;
- Ability to interpret documents including safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals;
- Ability to safely operate a motorized vehicle in inclement weather;
- General mechanical competence and ability to effectively use hand tools;
- Ability to maintain a positive and good-natured attitude;
- Ability to remain calm and perform under pressure and within fixed time constraints;
- Commercial Driver?s License (CDL) considered an asset.
For more than 25 years, Inland Technologies has specialized in the delivery of airport environmental compliance programs. Built on a foundation of continuous innovation, Inland Technologies is a vertically integrated company offering a range of airport services including spent aircraft de-icing fluid collection and recycling, wastewater management, and aircraft de-icing fluid manufacturing for reuse. We deliver services at small and large airports across North America and internationally using a range of technologies and customized equipment systems that are purpose-built to meet our clients? needs.
Inland Technologies is a member of the Inland Group of Companies, consisting of:
- Inland Technologies, specializing in airport environmental services,
- IDS, delivering aircraft de-icing services, &
- Quantem Aviation Services, specializing in airport ground and cargo handling.
Quantem and IDS have been Inland Group members since 2015.
Collectively, the Inland Group operates in more than 50 airports in five countries. Each member of our family of companies is a leader, focused on the delivery of superior customer service and innovation.
Inland Technologies takes pride in growing and developing key talent. If your experience and ability meet with the above minimum requirements please apply online.
Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Powered by JazzHR
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: South Portland, ME USA
Zip Code: 04106
Posted on: 01/28/2020
Viewed: 0 times