for FIRST in Manchester, NH USA
Who We Are
FIRST<sup></sup> is the world?s leading youth-serving nonprofit advancing STEM education and the development of holistic skills to prepare young people for the future. For 30 years, FIRST has combined the rigor of STEM learning with the fun and excitement of traditional sports and the inspiration that comes from community through programs that have a proven impact on learning, interest and skill-building inside and outside of the classroom. This legacy and opportunity is as strong and dynamic as ever, as FIRST creates the people who will change the world ? today and tomorrow.
About this Role
We are seeking a collaborative data driven person who is passionate about providing youth with equitable access to programs, enjoys engaging with thought leaders, and loves a fast-paced position where the work makes a difference. If you are known for being an excellent team player and communicator who is proactive, detail oriented and approaches new opportunities and challenging tasks with a ?can-do? attitude, read on to learn more about this opportunity.
The Evaluation Specialist plays a critical role in helping to foster a culture of learning and data driven decision making for FIRST by supporting evaluation activities within the Research & Evaluation department, including survey development, basic analysis and report writing, and supporting programs in their work to monitor quality and goals. This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated, independent, and self-starting individual looking to advance his or her career while working in a rewarding and team oriented professional environment.
In return, we promise a fast-paced, challenging, and rewarding environment where you will be part of a team that cares about each other and thrives on each other?s successes. You?ll feel good about the future of the world after doing hard work with the talented people at FIRST and will have a front row seat to our life changing programs.
Reports to: Director, Evaluation & Impact This role is located in Manchester, NH. This position is grant-funded for approximately 3 years and continuing employment is based on availability of grant funds.
- Work with program staff to coordinate survey activities including review of survey items, data collection methods, and analysis of results
- Work with the Research and Evaluations team to conduct and manage special research projects
- Provide support to external formal evaluation efforts
- Conduct data analysis and summaries on key data elements
- Provide data summaries and other support to departments requiring information for key donors, sponsors, grants, reports, and other constituents, etc.
- Conduct literature reviews on best practices and other areas of interest
Qualifications and Experience:
- This is an entry level position that requires candidates to have some directly related experience working with evaluation design and methods
- Bachelor?s degree in human services related field, or the equivalent
- Evidence of research and evaluation experience, including competencies in research design, data collection, basic data analysis, and writing reports
- Understanding of basic data analysis methods using excel; Tableau experience helpful
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Meticulous attention to detail; organized, efficient, and able to handle competing priorities
- Proficient in the use of MS Office products (especially Excel); knowledge of web-based survey systems and SPSS helpful
- Experience/background on youth development and STEM learning a plus
- Non-profit experience a plus
Commitment to FIRST Core Values:
Discovery: We explore new skills and ideas.
Innovation: We use creativity and persistence to solve problems.
Impact: We apply what we learn to improve our world.
Inclusion: We respect each other and embrace our differences.
Teamwork: We are stronger when we work together.
Fun: We enjoy and celebrate what we do!
Thriving on our core values, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Powered by JazzHR
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: Manchester, NH USA
Zip Code: 03101
Posted on: 01/11/2020
Viewed: 0 times