for Packback Inc. in Chicago, IL USA
What does Packback do?
Packback exists to awaken and fuel lifelong curiosity in every student. Packback is a higher education technology Company, offering a social learning platform powered by artificial intelligence that is used by college professors to help their students fall in love with the subject matter, drive personalized learning, and most importantly - quantify and improve critical thinking ability.
Who YOU are and what YOU will do:
This is a sales and account management hybrid role. We?re looking for a customer advocate who is passionate about growing a business while also improving education outcomes to join our team as a Customer Experience Manager (EM) on the Packback Customer Success team.
Our EMs are chiefly responsible for partnering with professors using the Packback Questions Q&A platform to ensure positive student outcomes and professor retention (NOTE: this is not the same as our textbook business). This covers a range of activities which include:
- First and foremost: effectively retain our professors and increase the number of courses in which they use Packback.
- Efficiently managing the customer lifecycle:
- onboarding professors to the platform, setting them up with a solid and custom usage plan that will ensure their goals, as well as their student?s goals, are met
- ensuring that the ?why? of Packback is effectively incorporated into that professor?s course pedagogy to ensure student buy-in. Essentially, students need to understand why they are using Packback and what is expected of them.
- identifying potential problems in the professor?s experience or usage and addressing proactively
- proactively understanding and discussing the professor?s future courses, in order to effectively fit Packback into their course structure
- reporting progress against daily, weekly, and quarterly goals
- following process as it relates to tracking pipeline in Salesforce
- be a lifelong learner - be willing to provide and receive feedback from team members on a regular basis, in a shared effort of furthering our individual and collective sales processes
What you won't do:
- Feel like a number - we empower each other and celebrate the small and the big wins, every day
- Get bored - we thrive off of curiosity and have fun while we do it
- Stay stagnant - we are evolving and always growing, always pushing forward and learning along the way
What YOU bring to the table:
- Comfort with selling - what defines success is your ability to retain professors and expand their usage of Packback
- Strong Communication Skills - excellent verbal and written communication ability
- Relationship Builder - ability to build and maintain relationships through multiple touch points
- Passion to change education - we have a big mission at Packback and we are looking for people who similarly think big. Are you ready to change post-secondary education?
- A desire to work in tech startup - is uncomfortable with ambiguity in day-to-day work and quickly a quickly growing team
- Comfort with process - demonstrated accountability to team processes and is able to understand 'the why'. Identify gaps & drives improvement in the team process.
- Values fit - the individual must be aligned with all of our company values, but especially as it relates to:
- Ambitiously humble, resiliently confident
- Not waiting for responsibility, but taking ownership
- Ability to celebrate failure as evidence of learning from mistakes
- Maintain a positive outlook when facing adversity
What YOU will enjoy:
- Convenient Loop office close to CTA lines, Metra, and paid parking lots
- 6 weeks fully paid, gender non-specific extended leave policy (for either parent welcoming a new child through birth or adoption, or to care for a family member in need)
- Health insurance, option for dental, vision, and life
- Short-term disability insurance
- Flexible vacation policy with a minimum of 10 days recommended
- Competitive salaries and tremendous room for professional growth
- Values-driven culture that encourages transparency and open communication
- Paid company offsite retreats and outings throughout the year
- Access to creative and educational events hosted at the Packback office
- Super casual dress code
- Our office pup, Pepper!
- Note: She is a registered emotional support dog and has become part of our team. With that, we want to respect any and all pet allergies. If you do have dog allergies please let us know right away and we will be sure to put a solution in place.
- Full transparency in compensation and career growth. Our EMs start at a $40k base salary with OTE of $50-55k in year one. This is a strong performance-based role, so you will have the ability to see an increase in base salary after your first 6 months - 1 year.
Our commitment to diversity:
Working in the Education Technology space, Packback believes it is an ethical necessity for us to work to build a diverse and inclusive team, to help us better consider the needs of our diverse audience of students with a wide range of educational backgrounds and educational needs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Powered by JazzHR
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: Chicago, IL USA
Zip Code: 60605
Posted on: 12/14/2019
Viewed: 0 times