Full Stack Web Developer
for Ally Commerce in Atlanta, GA USA
<meta charset="utf-8" />
Ally Commerce partners with brand manufacturers to drive their direct to consumer business, combining eCommerce expertise, proprietary SaaS technology and operational services. Ally Commerce?s turnkey solution drives a brand manufacturer?s direct to consumer operation through a unique and powerful combination of innovative technology and operational services.
This is a rare opportunity to work with a collaborative, fluid and entrepreneurial team to help build a business and product you believe in.
Are you a Full Stack Web Developer interested in working in a fun and fast-paced startup? Ally is looking for the right tech rock star to create great web eCommerce experiences. We are looking for someone to jump in and hit the ground running, but who is also interested in helping us evolve our platform and learn new technologies.
The Web Developer is an important technical resource to help us create great eCommerce experiences. We use Magento (1 and 2), PHP, MySQL, Nginx, Docker, and Git (hosted on BitBucket) to create and deploy eCommerce sites quickly. We are looking for a Full Stack Developer who is an expert with browser technology, but also has experience on the back end. This role will work closely with project management to create and update eCommerce sites for big brands, and with engineering management to evolve the platform and learn new skills. We have a "low politics", "low meetings", and "get it done" environment at Ally. We don?t believe in working our developers to death. We work closely as a team, and we love great ideas and input from all team members. The ideal candidate will be able to look at the overall platform and implement improvements to make it better. The developer will be happy to dig in and troubleshoot a difficult problem, able to pause to estimate new work, and also be interested in learning new ways of doing things.
- Collaborate with web design, project management, and product teams to launch great eCommerce experiences.
- Create new website functionality using HTML, CSS, JS, responsive web design, PHP, Magento 1 and 2, and Git.
- Develop new functionality, plugins, and bug fixes to revamp the customer experience on our sites.
- Break down and estimate projects, features and bug fixes. Propose alternatives that save development but still accomplish goals.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code.
- Help ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the sites.
- Identify bottlenecks and defects, and devise solutions to mitigate and address these issues.
- Help maintain quality, organization, and automation of the platform?s code and data.
- Learn new technologies and skills. Suggest and implement new technologies to improve sites.
- 2+ years of professional software development experience is required.
- 2+ years of professional front-end web development. HTML, CSS, JS, and Bootstrap. Experience with responsive mobile and tablet web development.
- 1+ years of professional PHP experience. Experience with frameworks such as Symphony or Zend is desired. Experience with other back end languages such as Node.js, Python, Ruby, or Java is beneficial.
- 1+ years of Git source control experience.
- 1+ years of SQL experience; preferably MySQL.
- Additional web development experience with a CSS preprocessing language like SASS or Less, and with browser frameworks such as Angular, React or Vue, is preferred but not required.
- Experience working in an Agile environment with SCRUM and Kanban.
- Magento or other eCommerce platform experience is highly desired.
- Experience with automating web browser testing with Selenium or other tools is highly desired.
- Must possess strong debugging and problem solving skills; ability to identify, research and resolve issues.
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills are required. Experience working on a multi-developer team is essential.
- Ability to concisely summarize and present basic requirements, status, risks, and issues for existing projects.
- Ability to multitask and quickly shift focus between clients and projects.
- Demonstrated success in a fast-paced and sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Excellent attention to detail with an emphasis on accuracy and quality.
- Must enjoy working in a dynamic, collaborative, entrepreneurial environment that focuses on continuous improvement and direct communication.
No third parties. No relocation is provided for this position. Must be eligible to work without sponsorship.
Workplace and Benefits
The Ally Commerce workplace is casual in dress but rigorous in all other ways! You will be surrounded by smart people who like to work hard and have fun with each other. We offer the typical benefits including medical, dental, 401k and paid time off.
Ally Commerce provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We prohibit any form of workplace harassment related to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: Atlanta, GA USA
Zip Code: 30328
Posted on: 12/02/2019
Viewed: 0 times