Graphic Design Intern - NJ
for Kivvit in Asbury Park, NJ USA
<gs class="GINGER_SOFTWARE_mark" ginger_software_uiphraseguid="47887a21-1ac8-4a23-9965-70453caad49f" id="b8cf0b50-5f04-4b7e-91dd-b5d539cf8fc8"></gs>
Kivvit is a full-service public affairs and communications firm serving the Chicago, Miami, New Jersey, New York, and Washington D.C., markets.
As a member of this dynamic firm?s Creative Department, the Graphic Design Intern will have the ability to work with and learn from Kivvit's lead designers on a number of design-related projects. These projects typically include creating visual assets for infographics, illustrations, logo concepts, digital ad campaigns, social media graphics, presentation materials, fact sheets, and other various other print and web based collateral materials.
The position requires an original thinker who is skilled at forming creative and strategic concepts and bringing them to life in a visual way. Successful candidates will collaborate well across our multi-office team, and understand the balance and problem solving required to produce solid creative work that also meets our objectives.
The ideal candidate will be a recent graduate having just completed a BFA in Graphic Design. Seniors with strong portfolios will be considered, and will be eligible for college credit. This position calls for a hands-on, multi-tasker with a strong sense of concept development, grid layouts, color and typography.
This is a paid position based in our New Jersey office, requiring 35-40hrs per week, to start in February 2020.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Design and develop projects from concept to completion
- Ability to jump in existing projects and quickly pick up document styles
- Maintain files in digital assets management system
- Strong project and process management skills
- Excellent technical/computer skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize
- Very high attention to detail
- Team player yet able to work independently
- Knowledge of current social media platforms
- Ability to thrive in fast paced environment
- Must be autonomous and pro-active
- Bachelor? s degree in Graphic Design
- Strong proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (specifically Powerpoint and Word)
- Experience with web and video/animation programs a plus (After Effects)
- Capable of quickly incorporating feedback and direction
- Ability to multi-task and meet quick deadlines
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Fluent in English (speaking and writing)
Submission requirements: Please provide an attached PDF resume and portfolio link for consideration. Applications without these materials will not be considered.
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: Asbury Park, NJ USA
Zip Code: 07712
Posted on: 12/02/2019
Viewed: 0 times