Guest Services Agent (PT)
for The Mob Museum in Las Vegas, NV USA
Guest Service Agents are responsible for a wide variety of public-facing initiatives geared towards facilitating and enhancing the overall guest experience. These initiatives include: ticketing operations, parking lot operations, souvenir photo operations, concessions and caf operations, and general guest experience operations including sharing information on Museum events and programs, Las Vegas Downtown events, restaurants, entertainment, etc. Guest Service Agents may be assigned to some or all of such initiatives.
Major Tasks and Responsibilities:
- All Guest Service Agents
- Participates in fostering an organizational culture that values innovation, promotes inclusion, and inspires excellence in the work environment.
- Proactively and energetically engages guests in a manner consistent with the Museum?s commitment to delivering a world-class guest experience, and exceeds minimum guest service standards as set forth in Museum?s operating procedures.
- Stays abreast of in-house exhibitions, educational programs, and related community events to keep staff and guests well informed.
- Monitors and appropriately responds to conditions impacting the guest experience ? crowd control, wayfinding needs, safety/security matters, etc.
- Courteously answers any questions and resolves guests? issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Coordinates all box office activities including cash/credit handling.
- Inputs data into the POS system.
- Processes in-person, phone and web ticket sales for general admission, Use of Force Experience and Crime Lab.
- Informs guests of various ticketing options and guides visitors toward the right ticket type to meet their needs.
- Sells memberships, explaining program benefits to guests and answering questions.
- Sells audio tours and other add-ons.
- Obtains guest information for marketing purposes.
- Continuously monitors line queuing at the box office and ensure that all guests are serviced in the most efficient manner possible.
- Stays abreast of new discounts, offers, specials, and ticket broker relationships.
- Facilitates guest access to the Museum?s parking lot.
- Creates a welcoming environment and sets the tone for guest experience upon arrival.
- Processes cash and credit transactions.
- Monitors parking area for any safety/security concerns, and reports such issues as necessary.
- Aids in generating revenue by encouraging guests to take souvenir photos in designated areas of the Museum.
- Maintains equipment to ensure proper function for quality guest photos.
- Achieves photo sales numbers in accordance with goals.
- Provides base-level troubleshooting of equipment in accordance with direction from Museum?s Technology department.
- Coordinates all food and beverage (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) sales activities including upselling, cash/credit transactions, and data input into the POS system.
- Responsible for inventory control include restocking and disposal of expired product.
- Achieves sales numbers in accordance with goals.
- Maintains safe working conditions and sanitary work area.
- Serves as an ambassador for guest engagement in the lobby/box office queueing area, answering guest questions, controlling line and guest crowding, assisting guests with understanding ticketing options, upselling add-on options, and expediting the ticket purchasing process.
- At Podium, Elevator Landings, and other Museum locations, offers an engaging welcome, shares building history and facts, and orients guests during Museum visit.
- At Podium, processes broker and advance online sales, enabling guest to bypass ticketing windows.
- Facilitates storage and retrieval of guest luggage, audio tours, and wheelchairs on loan.
- Provides access control, ensuring guests have wristbands, and unauthorized individuals are not admitted.
- Welcomes Museum visitors, following appropriate security procedures.
Experience / Qualifications / Requirements:
- Must be 18 years of age or older (21 years of age or older to work in caf/concessions).
- Outgoing and personable demeanor is required.
- Comfort with public speaking and guest engagement is required.
- Commitment to manifesting the Museum?s Core Values is required.
- Prior experience working with the public in a museum, cultural, or entertainment attraction is desired.
- Familiarity with cash handling practices is preferred.
- Prior experience with POS /ticketing systems is preferred.
- Comfort working outdoors on occasion.
- Able to take ownership of problematic situations using proper judgment to find possible solutions or alternatives while maintaining positive guest relationships.
- Able to operate a computer, phone, or other office productivity machinery.
- Able to stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Passion for creating a world-class museum that is unrivaled in content and recognized for a truly outstanding guest experience.
- Enthusiasm for working in an organization where flexibility, teamwork, and good humor are absolute necessities.
- Able to work a varied scheduled, including: evenings, weekdays, weekends and holidays is preferred.
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: Las Vegas, NV USA
Zip Code: 89101
Posted on: 12/02/2019
Viewed: 0 times