Mechanical or Electrical Engineer - Healthcare
for Henderson Engineers in Los Angeles, CA USA
At Henderson Engineers, we're about more than just buildings. We're about the people, experiences and potential found inside. We're known for our technical excellence, but we bring so much more to the table. We love the process that brings buildings to life. And we're changing the industry by integrating the building design and construction process.
We view each of our employees as an essential part of our mission to lead the field.
It's What We Do
We provide total building system design services across multiple high-growth markets for industry leaders. You'll get to use your talent to work on some of the country's biggest names in healthcare, sports & venue, grocery, higher education, restaurant and retail.
It's How We're Different
But, we're also about more than just engineering. We're about you. You, and the hundreds of passionate employees who made us who we are today.
Together, we dream up inventions that solve industry-wide problems, design spaces that become landmarks, win medals in fitness challenges, and toast to the good life at our legendary golf tournaments.
So what will you be doing all day?
You would join us as a Healthcare Engineer in our Downtown Los Angeles Office - working on things like?
- Taking on the Seller/Doer responsibilities for success ful healthcare projects
- Leading a project and design efforts from concept design through completion
- Prioritizing and executing multiple tasks including preparing proposals and contracts, develop and maintain project schedules, monitoring project performance, and regular maintenance of project progression.
- Maintaining a strong team comradery while delegating tasks for results-focused efficiency.
- Being an active mechanical or electrical designer on the projects managed to efficiently lead a multi-discipline team.
- Utilizing effective client service skills and providing a key communication link for project coordination.
- Working with the Healthcare Practice Director and Leaders to identify local, regional and national clients and opportunities.
- Attending local healthcare professional organization events.
- Regularly monitor healthcare industry news, climate, and changes and participates in industry events for effective networking. Contributes to internal healthcare practice marketing and business development opportunities utilizing developed company platforms and tools.
We'd love for you to apply for this position if you?
- Have a Bachelor of Science degree in Architectural, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering from an ABET EAC Accredited Program
- Have 8+ years of relevant experience with a degree OR 12+ years of relevant experience with the majority of them being Healthcare Focused
- Possess 3+ years maintaining and growing business relationships
- Are technically savvy in Revit and other BIM modeling tools
- Love rolling up your sleeves to produce current work load when your team needs it
- Have a passion for solidifying and nurturing current client and staff relationships
- Have relevant professional design and management experience with a focus on healthcare projects is preferred
- Possess a Professional Engineer License (very much preferred)
Let's Talk Perks
We take care of our people. As a Henderson employee, you'll enjoy some pretty awesome perks. Trust us, your friends will all have work envy.
- Flexible Work Hours (Because we all need to balance work and life.)
- Casual Dress Code (Be yourself, please.)
- Paid Volunteer Time (We literally pay you to volunteer.)
- Paid Parental Leave (Because we know both parents deserve to be there for a new baby.)
- Health and Wellness Initiatives (Get Fit and Stay Fit.)
- Receptive and Forward-Thinking Leadership (Our doors are always open.)
- Clear Career Path Options (We want you to excel.)
- Industry-leading 401K match and profit sharing (When the company succeeds, we all share in that success.)
- Paid Training for Professional Development (We?ll pay for the time you take getting better at what you do.)
- Performance Bonuses (When you do well, we reward you for your work.)
- Comprehensive and Extensive Insurance (We?ve got you covered.)
- Paid Term Life and Disability (We?ve got your family covered, too.)
- Financial Wellness & Coaching Program (Financial security makes you a happier team member.)
Commercial Construction & Renovation
- 2014-2019 ? #1 Engineering Firm (Retail)
- 2019 ? #2 Engineering Firm (Overall)
- 2019 ? #2 Engineering Firm (Federal)
- 2019 ? #3 Engineering Firm (Healthcare)
- 2019 ? #4 Engineering Firm (Hospitality)
- 2019 ? #5 Engineering Firm (Restaurant)
- 2019 ? #6 Engineering Firm (Multi-Housing)
- 2010-2019 ? Top 10 Retail Architects/Engineers Report
- 2008-2019 ? ENR Top 500 Design Firms (2019: #140)
- 2018 ? ENR Top 100 Green Design Firms (#85)
- 2017 ? Mixed-Use Project of the Year/Best Project ? Sports/Entertainment (ENR Texas & Louisiana) Ford Center at the Star (Dallas Cowboys headquarters/mixed-use facility)
Kansas City Business Journal
- 2006 ? 2007, 2009 ? 2018 Finalist ?Best Places to Work"
- 2009, 2010, 2014 ?Champions of Business?
- 2014 ?Hall of Champions?
- 2015 ? 2016 ?Healthiest Employer?
Los Angeles Business Journal
- 2019 ?Best Places to Work? ? Top 100 Places to Work in LA ? #3 in Large Company Category
Philadelphia Business Journal
- 2015 Finalist ?Best Places to Work?
- 2015 ?Healthiest Employer?
Phoenix Business Journal
- 2015 Finalist ?Best Places to Work?
Building Design + Construction
- 2018 Giants 300 ? Ranked #8 Overall Engineering Firm, #2 Retail Engineering Firm, #22 K-12 Education Engineering Firm, #25 Healthcare Engineering Firm
- 2010-2017 ?Top 55 Engineering Firms Nationwide?
- 2016 Giants 300 ? Ranked #8 Engineering Firm, Ranked #6 on ?Top 30 Sports Facility Engineering Firms Nationwide?
- 2017 Giants 300 ? Ranked #7 on Engineering Firm, Ranked #34 on ?Top 60 Construction Management Firms List?
- 2017 ? Ranked #2 on ?Top 50 Retail Engineering Firms List?
- 2011-2019 ?Top 20 MEP Giants List? (#13 in 2019)
Electrical Construction & Maintenance
- 2019 ? Ranked #6 on ?Top 40 Electrical Design Firms List?
- 2018 ? Ranked #7 on ?Top 40 Electrical Design Firms List?
Visual Merchandising & Store Design
- 2019 ? Ranked #3 on ?Top Retail Design Firms of 2019? list
- 2018 ? Ranked #6 on ?Top Retail Design Firms of 2018? list
American Subcontractors Association ? Kansas City (ASAKC)
- 2009 ?Engineering Firm of the Year?
AIA Committee on the Environment (COTE)
- 2009 ?Top 10 Green Projects?
AIA Central States
- 2011 ?Merit Award for Excellence in Architecture?
ASHE Vista Award for Renovation
- 2018 ? AdventHealth Shawnee Mission (formerly Shawnee Mission Medical Center)
Arizona Commercial Real Estate & Development Award
- March 2018
Associated General Contractors Inc.
- 2018 ? AGC Awards ? Judges Choice (University of Kansas Health System Cambridge Tower A ? top state building award in Kansas for blend of form & function)
- 2019 ? Regional Technology Awards ? 1<sup>st</sup> Place (Ford Center at The Star)
Design-Build Institute of America (DBIA)
- 2018 ? Mid-America Region Honor Award ? Healthcare (Cannon Air Force Base ? Medical & Dental Clinic Replacement)
Fayetteville Chamber of Commerce
- 2018 ? Hail Mary Award (Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium North End Zone Expansion)
Greater New York Construction User Council (GNYCUC)
- 2019 ? Chairman?s Reception ? Interiors Award (Convene)
Illuminating Engineering Society
- 2019 ? National Award of Merit (Sun Devil Stadium)
- 2018 ? Illumination Award of Merit (Lenexa Civic Campus)
- 2018 ? Illumination Award of Merit (State Farm Center)
NAIOP (Commercial Real Estate Development Association) ? Southern Nevada
- 2018 Spotlight Award ? Office Tenant Improvement: Small ? Make-A-Wish Foundation Southern Nevada office pro bono work along with Martin-Harris Construction
Henderson Engineers, Inc. and Henderson Building Solutions are EEO Employers/Vet/Disabled and participate in the E-Verify program
Applicants for positions with Henderson Engineers/Henderson Building Solutions must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and verification of eligibility will be required at the time of commencement of employment.
NOTICE TO CANDIDATES: RECRUITMENT FRAUD ALERT
Henderson representatives conduct all email communications exclusively through a company email address that ends with @hendersonengineers.com, @hendersonbuilding.com or through our applicant tracking system which will appear as recruiting+ (job ID number)@applytojob.com. We extend offers of employment only after a comprehensive interview process and will never ask you for a payment of any sort nor offer one for any reason. We will not request personal information until a legitimate offer of employment has been extended. If you suspect a recruitment attempt is fraudulent, you should cease communications. You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to verify whether a recruitment contact is legitimate. All legitimate job opportunities are posted on our company website?s careers page.
Powered by JazzHR
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: Los Angeles, CA USA
Zip Code: 90014
Posted on: 01/21/2020
Viewed: 0 times