Housing and Office Coordinator
for Community Action Committee of the Lehigh Valley, Inc. in Bethlehem, PA USA
JOB TITLE: Housing and Office Coordinator
STATUS: Full Time Nonexempt
STARTING SALARY: $14.50- 18.00 per hour
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
The Housing and Office Coordinator assists the Director with housing advocacy and community outreach. The position is focused on assisting South Bethlehem residents with housing-related issues; developing and providing training programs for tenants and homeowners; investigating complaints registered by tenants or other members of the public; and assisting in resolving property maintenance non-compliance issues and findings. In addition, the Housing and Office Coordinator performs routine office tasks for the day-to-day operation of the corporation, assisting the Director with intake, monitoring, compliance, event planning and outreach.
Housing Advocacy and Outreach
- Coordinates training programs for tenants concerning rights of tenants; living conditions; and reporting problems.
- Records complaints registered by tenants or other members of the public concerning living conditions at rental properties, and provides appropriate referrals.
- Responds to requests for information and resources regarding rental housing inspections from the public.
- Offers information and referral services and advocacy as appropriate.
- Engages the Southside community in developing policies and projects to promote community revitalization and regional sustainability.
- Identifies potential properties for the faade program and conducts outreach to property owners regarding the faade program application process.
- Maintains housing and faade participant folders, case notes, and applications to ensure compliance with organizational policies.
- Assists in the research and identification of property values and vacancy rates.
- Assists in planning, development, and implementation of new projects and events.
- Supports the outreach efforts of the Southside Vision program.
- Attends community meetings as assigned.
- Performs clerical tasks including maintaining organizational files and organizing computer drives.
- Schedules and provides support in preparation for Board meetings.
- Maintains Board and committee contact lists.
- Maintains petty cash. Monitors and tracks selected expenses.
- Prepares and submits vouchers for vendor payments to fiscal office of CACLV.
- Handles incoming and outgoing mail, including making daily pickups of interoffice mail at CACLV main office.
- Manages office supply inventory, places orders, and distributes supplies in a timely manner.
- Organizes and maintains client files, ensuring grant compliance with reporting regulations and policies.
- Assists Director in event planning, including budgeting, purchasing, promotion, record keeping and contracting.
- Bilingual English/Spanish required
- Bachelor?s degree in related field preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Professional and interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively with a wide range of people
- Computer skills and ability to work in Microsoft Office (Word, Access and Excel)
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting useful, not required
- Knowledge of basic landlord/tenant law useful, not required
- Experience in maintaining databases
- Strong organizational skills with an attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple projects
- Capacity to work in a team environment
- Experience working in non-profit sector desirable, but not required
- Experience working in housing desired, but not required
- Comprehensive Health Benefits ? Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription
- Agency paid Life Insurance and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401 (k) Retirement Plan with agency contribution
- Generous Paid Leave Time-
- Vacation- 15 Days: Earn more time after 2 and 5 year anniversaries
- Sick- 9 Days
- 9 Observed Holidays
CACLV is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation or handicap.
Powered by JazzHR
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: Bethlehem, PA USA
Zip Code: 18015
Posted on: 02/04/2020
Viewed: 0 times
More Jobs Like This One
Edgewood Management Corporation in Washington, DC
Center for Court Innovation in Brooklyn, NY
BGC Partners in Bethesda, MD
Housing Management Resources in Springfield, MA
Veterans Leadership Program in Pittsburgh, PA
CareersUSA Inc. in Philadelphia, PA
Envision Experience in Vienna, VA
Housing Works in Brooklyn, NY
Housing Works in New York, NY