for CAMBA in Brooklyn, NY USA
Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 20,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
CAMBA?s Atlantic House located in the Brownsville section of Brooklyn serves 200 MICA men.
Position: & nbsp; Housing Specialist
Reports To: Clinical Supervisor
Location: 2402 Atlantic Avenue, Brooklyn, NY & nbsp; ?
What The Housing Specialist Does:
The person filling this position is expected, under general direction, to: (1) immediately formulate a plan and prepare clients for permanent housing placement; (2) engage individuals requiring social service assistance; (3) interview and evaluate clients, formulate Independent Living Plans and goals; and (4) locate and refer to appropriate community resources for clients; including the following:
- Assist clients in attaining their Housing related goals by identifying and referring clients to appropriate services both within and outside CAMBA.
- Conduct housing search efforts for each housing ready client referred (i.e., referrals to housing providers, contact landlords, search for apartment listings, etc.).
- Develop curriculum to address clients? Housing and Independent Living related needs including, permanent housing search process and options.
- Develop and facilitate a series of Housing Workshops.
- Develop materials to be posted on a Bulletin Board that serves to provide relevant Housing related information.
- Organize and schedule presentations by supportive housing programs, local real estate experts and/or landlords.
- Establish linkages with community-based organizations (i.e., supportive housing programs, DHS Housing Unit, etc.) and local landlords.
- Review all approved housing packages to determine appropriateness of housing providers.
- Follow-up with clients for a period of time after move-out to assure client stability.
- Conduct initial intake and psychosocial evaluation and periodic re-assessments.
- Obtain and maintain relevant documentation and release forms from clients (i.e., birth certificate, proof of income, medical documents, release of Personal Health Information, etc.).
- Assist clients in attaining their goals by identifying barriers, community resources and by referring clients to appropriate services both within and outside CAMBA (i.e., On-site medical services and psychiatric services, etc.).
- Monitor and document all client encounters via progress notes using DHS CARES Database and printout notes for client?s paper file.
- May schedule and **** clients to appointments (i.e., housing interviews, apartment move-ins, housing fairs, referral organizations. etc.)
- May assist clients in completing applications for benefits and entitlements, and may process applications on clients' behalf.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent experience.
- May be required to become First Aid/CPR certified
- May be required to become certified in overdose prevention.
- Bi-lingual preferred
CAMBA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace. People of color, people with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people are encouraged to apply. We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, marital or veteran status, pregnancy status or sexual orientation.
Powered by JazzHR
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: Brooklyn, NY USA
Zip Code: 11233
Posted on: 12/18/2019
Viewed: 0 times
More Jobs Like This One
CAMBA in Brooklyn, NY
CAMBA in East Elmhurst, NY
Sheltering Arms Children and Family Services, Inc. in Jamaica, NY
Westhab, Inc. in Bronx, NY
Westhab, Inc. in Yonkers, NY
Westhab, Inc. in New Rochelle, NY
Westhab, Inc. in College Point, NY
Westhab, Inc. in Brooklyn, NY
Westhab, Inc. in Ridgewood, NY