for Penn Foster in New York, NY USA
The Instructional Designer will manage instructional design and storyboarding of e-learning content for course-level projects, as well as assisting Senior Content Managers with program-level tasks. This position is responsible for developing and delivering quality content and informing projects from initiation through delivery to student. Remote position is an option.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist in the content development process and work closely with Senior Content Managers and production staff, while working with instructors, authors, and subject-matter experts as needed to ensure delivery of quality curriculum.<w:sdtpr></w:sdtpr>
- Suggest improvements for instructional design templates and guidelines.
- Apply industry-standard instructional design and content development processes, models, and frameworks.
- Work with Senior Content Managers, authors and subject-matter experts, and graphic designers to use educational technology tools to create instructional media.
- Manage course-level revision and new development projects from start to finish including timeline. Take ownership of all projects, and create and provide regular reports on the assigned workflow.
- Hire and manage freelance authors and subject-matter experts to ensure creation, development, and instructional design of quality content.
- Assist in management of content development process and work closely with instructors, authors, and subject-matter experts to ensure delivery of quality curriculum.
- Work with Production Manager and Editorial Manager to ensure projects are completed on schedule.
- Create and edit raw content, storyboards, and media assets and work with production team to ensure final delivery meets instructional design templates and guidelines.
- Ensure new and revised content is tied to both program- and course-level outcomes, objectives, and assessments. Ensure all assessments are tied to course objectives and test to appropriate levels of Bloom?s taxonomy.
- Assist in preparation for accreditation and licensing visits, reviews, and meetings. Aid in management of contact and credit hour policy and documentation.
- Understand various learning theories including Bloom?s taxonomy, Universal Design for Learning, and Adult Learning Theory.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Education: Bachelor?s Degree required. Graduate work in Education, Instructional Design, or Instructional Technology a plus.
Experience: Minimum of 2 years? experience in instructional design. Classroom or online teaching experience a plus. Experience with adult and nontraditional learners preferred.
Computer Skills: Knowledge of content authoring tools, particularly Articulate 360, required. Knowledge of learning management systems and educational technology required. Experience with D2L Brightspace strongly preferred. Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite preferred. Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
Certificates & Licenses: None.
- Excellent attention to detail.<w:sdtpr></w:sdtpr>
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-based environment.
- Must have a love for creating great products.
At Penn Foster, we are dedicated to helping over 250,000 students each year achieve their goals through affordable, accessible, career-focused learning. Our mission has remained the same since 1890: to enhance the lives of our students and clients through the acquisition of skills and credentials that can help them work toward their career and life goals. Backed by Bain Capital Double Impact and together with our extensive partner network of leading employers, community-based organizations, and academic institutions, we close skills gaps and are building a workforce that?s prepared for the future job market. We aim to help businesses thrive by mobilizing their individual workers and energizing communities with opportunities for growth and progress. We are proud to play a role in the success of over 80% percent of our graduates that see improvement within their careers, as they inspire us to keep finding new ways to further our reach and broaden horizons. Join the Penn Foster movement and start working toward a better future today.
What We Offer:
We offer a competitive base salary, plus a robust benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, flexible spending, generous paid time off, paid charity days, parking & commuter benefits, a 401K with a company match, plus free access to all of our online programs.
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: New York, NY USA
Zip Code: 10007
Posted on: 12/10/2019
Viewed: 0 times