Intern - Perennials
for David Sutherland, LLC in Dallas, TX USA
Perennials and Sutherland, LLC is one of the most respected and iconic names in the exclusively to-the-trade, luxury home furnishings, textiles and accessories market. Our company has dedicated over three decades to working with the very best in the design world to create and market truly unique and exquisite products. Everything we do and the elite clientele we serve is dedicated to making life more beautiful. Environments for life, architectural, landscape and beyond are what we live and breathe each and every day. Ours is more than a life of producing and selling products. Our people share a passion for creativity, design and art that is central to our daily lives. It?s not just what we do but what we love.
The Product Development Intern will have a variety of responsibilities with the fabric and/or rug department that changes from day to day. Unlike many textile companies, Perennials focuses its attention on in-house development, allowing interns hands-on experience in numerous aspects of the development and production processes of our woven fabrics. Internships run concurrently with university semesters (spring, summer, and fall). Intern must be available for minimum of 16 hours per week (flexible scheduling); maximum of 40 hours per week. Interns are responsible for any school registration procedures and fees. Interns to supply all documentation regarding evaluations for course credit, if applicable. All designs developed during internship work hours are considered property of Perennials, Inc.
- Assist with the preparation of yarns, warps and looms for sampling
- Track yarn and development inventory
- Maintain collection encyclopedias and design archives
- Record weave structures for woven samples and fabric standards
- Assist with collection development process
- Learn how the department interacts with other departments, suppliers, vendors and clients
- Participate in development team meetings and activities
- Assist with any and all administrative tasks as needed
- Enrolled in, or recently graduated, from a degree program with courses in Fibers or Textiles
- Basic working knowledge of fabric structures, loom functions, weaving and the process of dressing a loom
- Computer literacy Microsoft Office; knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, NedGraphics and/or other weave programs preferred
- Ability to maintain professionalism in a flexible, deadline based work environment
- Critical attention to detail
Whether it?s the executive who offers visionary leadership, or the sales professional who won?t settle for less than perfection, a business needs great people and a collaborative environment to thrive. We maintain, develop, and inspire talented professionals and craftsmen. Our investment in people, equipment, and facilities results in a positive engaging workplace and gives our company a competitive edge in the marketplace. We believe deeply that the ?right? people are our greatest asset. We offer careers for smart, creative, high energy people driven to contribute in a team environment where everyone can win. We foster potential, celebrate success, and support every colleague.
Perennials and Sutherland, LLC employees enjoy a vibrant office culture, welcoming and inclusive executive team, and fantastic work-life balance.