Internal Controls Director
for PayJunction in Santa Barbara, CA USA
PayJunction is looking for an Internal Controls Director to establish a Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) framework for PayJunction. Our team takes a security-focused approach each and every day, and is known for its immaculate track record among industry auditors. If you?re passionate about data security and interested in leading our efforts, we would like to meet you.
The Internal Controls Director will craft and maintain policies for compliance with PCI and other industry standard compliance controls. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to build and grow a GRC framework over time. In this role, you will identify, analyze, and where necessary, respond to risks that might adversely affect our business objectives. You will ensure the integrity and timeliness of critical information reaching the executive team to enable appropriate decision making. You will monitor and vet our operating environment for security vulnerabilities, craft policies and establish action plans for maintaining PCI Level 1 compliance. The Internal Controls Director will manage our PCI audit through the entire audit cycle including pre-assessment, acting as the point person for our auditors, and addressing any items requiring remediation. As our GRC framework grows, the Internal Controls Director will manage up to six additional audits on a recurring annual basis.
This position is a full time position, and can be based in our Santa Barbara or Minneapolis offices. This position could also be a work-from-home position if based in Colorado, California, Texas or Minnesota.
- Craft policies and establish action plans for maintaining PCI Level 1 compliance.
- Monitor and vet our operating environment for security vulnerabilities.
- Interface with auditors during annual compliance audits.
- Identify, analyze and respond to risks that might adversely impact PayJunctions business objectives, specifically: technological risk, commercial risk, financial risk, information security risk, legal risk, and regulatory compliance risk.
- Establish a governance, risk and compliance (GRC) framework for PayJunction.
- Provide the control mechanisms to ensure strategies, directions and instructions from management are carried out systematically and effectively.
- Expand upon PayJunction's compliance efforts to implement other compliance controls like:
- SOC 1
- SOC 2
- CCPA and GDPR
- ISO 27001
- NACHA (ACH)
- Work with executive team to further define role as needed.
Skills and requirements:
- Direct experience with PCI and other security audits is a must.
- Knowledge of conceptual coding best practices.
- Familiarity with data privacy rules and laws, security specs.
- Basic pen testing experience.
- Experience launching automated security scans, generating and analyzing PCI reports.
- Bachelor of science degree in software or computer engineering, computer science, information technology, information security, or related field.
- Experience as a qualified security assessor (QSA) is a plus.
Founded in 2000 by three UCSB graduates without a single dollar of outside investment, PayJunction has gone from bootstrapped to billions in processing. Initially profiting only pennies on every dollar, PayJunction, with a team of over 3,000 nationwide, now transacts over $3 billion dollars annually for tens of thousands of clients.
As the leading developer of paperless payment software, PayJunction has eliminated the need to file away paper receipts, ultimately increasing productivity and reducing costs for small and medium sized businesses, but more importantly, reducing the carbon footprint of an entire industry. PayJunction takes pride in its design and engineering. We believe computer science is an art; it just happens to be the brush we use to paint our product with innovation and effectiveness.
Our brand was built with a long-term vision, our goal is to be a generational tech company and our integrity is the foundation of our success. PayJunction values long-term relationships over short-term profit. The owners still head day-to-day operations for the company, and are as dedicated to fostering the culture as they are to developing the product. PayJunction is a place where you can refine your skills in a supportive environment where wellness and work-life balance aren?t just said, they?re practiced.
- Health, dental and vision paid 100%
- 401k with 6% match
- Competitive compensation
- Opportunity to be part of a company that is changing a whole industry
- Opportunity for growth within the company
- Large corporate HQ in downtown Santa Barbara, California
- Newly remodeled engineering wing
- Rooftop deck - great place for breaks in the sunshine
- Catered Friday lunches and stocked kitchen
- Free onsite fitness classes
- An open work space with Herman Miller chairs and multiple monitors
- Dog friendly
- Kombucha on tap
- We value long-term relationships over short-term profit.
- We are building something that will last longer than us.
- We are passionate about our work and inspired by our team.
- We create products that improve the lives of our customers.
- We build green technology that costs less than our prospective clients pay now.
- We are constantly innovating.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, see and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms and requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies up to 20 pounds.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
PayJunction reserves the right to conduct background and/or credit checks on potential employees where applicable and in accordance with State and Federal laws.
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: Santa Barbara, CA USA
Zip Code: 93101
Posted on: 12/02/2019
Viewed: 0 times