International Field Operations Director
for FIRST in Manchester, NH USA
Who We Are
FIRST<sup></sup> is the world?s leading youth-serving nonprofit advancing STEM education outcomes and the development of 21<sup>st</sup> century life skills. For 30 years, FIRST has evolved into a global movement by engaging millions of people with a proven game-changer for preparing kids to solve the world?s greatest problems. This legacy and opportunity is as strong and dynamic as ever, as FIRST creates the people who will change the world ? today and tomorrow.
About this Role
Due to the expansion of the Global Operations Team at FIRST, we are seeking a strategic and passionate Business Leader who is accomplished at guiding and directing a team to reach optimal growth and executional excellence of our programs worldwide. The Director, International Field Operations directs the development and implementation of strategy for a designated international territory group, including fiscal management, team growth targets, funding strategies, brand presence, and program implementation. This person is responsible for the supervision, direction, and management of a team who works with key stakeholders including Territory Leaders and Program Delivery Partners (PDPs) to establish a 3-year rolling strategic plan which includes a sustainable territory growth and management strategy.
Our ideal Director, International Field Operations has the ability to lead through influence utilizing strong written and communication skills, can successfully facilitate conflict resolution with a win-win outcome, has experience with FIRST and strives to make a positive impact on the overall strategic mission of FIRST. The ideal candidate will have experience working with diverse international cultures and be fluent in multiple languages, especially Spanish and/or Mandarin.
In return, we promise a fast-paced, challenging, and rewarding environment where you will be part of a team that cares about each other and thrives on each other?s successes. You?ll feel good about the future of the world after doing hard work with the talented people at FIRST and will have a front row seat to our life changing programs.
Reports to: VP, Global Field Operations (GFO). This role is located in Manchester, NH although we will consider a remote working arrangement for the right candidate.
- Ensures territory implementation of global program standards for all programs including on-going compliance to standards, intellectual property and trademarks, as well as other newly implemented standards including judging rubrics, awards and deliberation standards
- Quickly identifying performance evaluation success or issues and effectively communicate to the Program Delivery Partner for resolution
- Provides guidance to direct reports, Territory Leaders, and Program Delivery Partners (PDPs) in the implementation of strategic and business plan initiatives
- Represents and advocates for designated territory group in leadership discussions and decision-making
- In consultation with direct reports and the Field Development and Field Services teams, approves Partner Agreements and Memorandums of Understanding (MOU) between FIRST HQ, Territory Leaders and PDPs
- Provides insights and direction to the Field Development team in the recruitment of new Territory Leaders and PDPs as well as for the development of training tools and resources
- Works directly with LEGO Education leadership to ensure the coordination of FIRST Field Operations and LEGO Education Partner Services Managers
- In partnership with the Development team and Territory Leaders, may represent the territory with major sponsors at sponsorship activities
- Provides oversight to ensure territory data is accurate and reported timely
- Provides support to Program Delivery Partners on profitability and the establishment of team growth
- Schedule meetings with Program Delivery Partners to conduct business (or Programs) planning sessions
- Travels to support FIRST events, meet with Territory Leaders, PDPs, sponsors, and others as needed
Qualifications and Experience:
- Previous FIRST knowledge, experience, and passion for the mission
- Bachelor?s degree (BA/BS) in nonprofit management, business, or related/equivalent experience is required; Master?s degree is preferred
- Minimum 8-10 years experience in a customer-oriented role managing multiple stakeholder requirements
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in direct people management role; including at least 3 years managing people managers
- Experience in strategic planning and business management
- Proven success in working with all levels of management in a problem-solving capacity, including frequent interaction with board- and C-level individuals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Profiency in Microsoft Office productivity and collaboration tools
- Experience working international assignments and with diverse international cultures
- Ability to adapt process and procedures to international demands
- Experience in a technology organization/and or national nonprofit organization is strongly preferred
- Experience in a decentralized, matrixed organization preferred
- Flexibilty to travel frequently (30-50% of time), including some international travel
- Fluency in multiple languages strongly preferred, especially Spanish and/or Mandarin
Commitment to FIRST Core Values:
Discovery: We explore new skills and ideas.
Innovation: We use creativity and persistence to solve problems.
Impact: We apply what we learn to improve our world.
Inclusion: We respect each other and embrace our differences.
Teamwork: We are stronger when we work together.
Fun: We enjoy and celebrate what we do!
Thriving on our core values, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: Manchester, NH USA
Zip Code: 03101
Posted on: 12/17/2019
Viewed: 0 times