INTERVENTIONAL TECH (Vascular)-MF2573
for Grace Federal Solutions LLC in Raleigh, NC USA
Perform a variety of complex specialized tasks eminent in operating radiographic equipment to perform vascular and neuroradiology angiographic and interventional procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities of this Level
- Perform complex specialized tasks associated with the operation of radiographic equipment to make special study radiographs of designated body portions in accordance with radiation safety procedures.
- Position patients; immobilize as necessary.
- Assist radiologist during angiographic and interventional procedures.
- Operate fluoroscopic equipment. Position patients for rapid sequence filming during contrast media administration.
- Set up sterile trays and other equipment practicing sterile technique.
- Assist radiologist during procedure to include handling of instruments, operating and monitoring equipment, calling out equipment readings; alerting physician to changes in patient condition.
- Scrub to assist with passage of catheters/guidewires.
- Load power injectors with contrast media; prepare for injection.
- Maintain studies within the Image archival system.
- Schedule patient procedures from referring physician's offices.
- Charge patients for procedures and supplies in EHR.
- Assist in orientation of new technologists; provide education and training to student technologists. Maintain patient records and statistical data. Coordinate scheduling and patient flow within the neuro/vascular radiographic suites; coordinate procedure performance across different hospital divisions (anesthesia, pediatrics, radiology). Perform other related duties incidental to the work therein (patient transport, etc.)
- Maintain supply inventory; order supplies.
- Assist with training of new physicians (attendings, interns, residents, and fellows).
- Assist radiologists with development of new protocols and imaging techniques that are unique to facility. Participate in research initiatives and development of research protocols. Demonstrate proficiency in the performance of neuro and vascular angiographic and interventional procedures.
- Orient new technologists to these procedures.
- Monitor charging of procedures and supplies for division to ensure correctness.
- Monitor assigned inventory expiration dates.
- Maintain a par inventory of catheters, balloons, stents, guidewires, and miscellaneous kits under discretion of manager.
- Monitor inventory levels and par-levels.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work therein.
Graduate of a 24-month AMA approved School of Radiologic Technology
Graduate of a bachelor's degree program in Radiology
Level I ARRT certification
Level II Minimum of two years' experience as an Interventional technologist.
Level III A minimum of four years' experience within specialty modality in which they are seeking promotion
|Degrees, Licensure, and/or Certification:|
ARRT certification in radiography
|Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:|
Ability to work with the most complex technology
Ability to assume a leadership role
Powered by JazzHR
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: Raleigh, NC USA
Zip Code: 27561
Posted on: 12/02/2019
Viewed: 0 times
More Jobs Like This One
Duke University in Durham, NC
Confidential in Matthews, NC
Duke University Hospital (Durham, N.C.) in Durham, NC
Medstar Research Institute in Olney, MD
University of Virginia in Charlottesville, VA
Inova Health System in Leesburg, VA
Inova Health System in Fairfax, VA
Adventist HealthCare in Rockville, MD
HealthCare Employment Network, LLC. in Orange, VA