Java Web Services Developer
for Ally Commerce in Atlanta, GA USA
<meta charset="utf-8" />
Ally Commerce partners with brand manufacturers to drive their direct to consumer business, combining eCommerce expertise, proprietary SaaS technology and operational services. Ally Commerce?s turnkey solution drives a brand manufacturer?s direct to consumer operation through a unique and powerful combination of innovative technology and operational services.
This is a rare opportunity to work with a collaborative, fluid and entrepreneurial team to help build a business and product you believe in.
We are looking for a Java Web Services developer to help us build our next generation SaaS platform. We will incorporate our expertise in eCommerce website software and marketplace integrations to build a scalable, self-service platform. We are looking for a developer with experience building web services in Java using Spring, who knows relational databases, and is comfortable using Git. We have a "low politics", "low meetings", and "get it done" environment at Ally. We don?t believe in working our developers to death. We work closely as a team, and we love great ideas and input from all team members.
- Work with others to help design the next generation SaaS platform.
- Create relational database schemas with database as code using tools like Flyway.
- Integrate with Identity Management software such as KeyCloak.
- Create efficient, secure RESTful web services using SpringBoot.
- Integrate with third party components and services including eCommerce software (Magento, Shopify, others), marketplaces (Amazon Marketplace Webservices, eBay, Walmart, Jet.com, others), payment gateways (Stripe, Affirm, Amazon Pay, Paypal, others) and other services (Avatax, Intacct, others).
- Work to ensure the platform is HIPAA and PCI compliant.
- Write and maintain automated unit and API tests.
- Create containers using Docker, and deploy via Jenkins and Kubernetes.
- Break down and estimate projects, features and bug fixes. Propose alternatives that save development but still accomplish goals.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code.
- Identify bottlenecks and defects, and devise solutions to mitigate and address these issues.
- Learn new technologies and skills. Suggest and implement new technologies to improve the platform.
- 2+ years of professional software development experience is required.
- 2+ years of professional experience with Java. Experience with SpringBoot and the Spring framework. Experience writing RESTful web services.
- 2+ years of professional experience with SQL and designing schemas; preferably Postgres.
- 1+ years of professional experience with Git source control in a team environment.
- Experience with integration libraries such as Apache Camel is highly desired.
- Experience with test frameworks such as JUnit and Spring Testing is highly desired.
- Experience working in an Agile environment with Scrum and Kanban is desired.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes is desired.
- Experience with Linux is desired.
- Must possess strong debugging and problem solving skills; ability to identify, research and resolve issues.
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills are required. Experience working on a multi-developer team is important.
- Ability to concisely summarize and present basic requirements, status, risks, and issues for existing projects.
- Demonstrated success in a fast-paced and sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Excellent attention to detail with an emphasis on accuracy and quality.
- Must enjoy working in a dynamic, collaborative, entrepreneurial environment that focuses on continuous improvement and direct communication.
No third parties. No relocation is provided for this position. Qualified candidates must be authorized to work in the United States without employer visa sponsorship.
Workplace and Benefits
The Ally Commerce workplace is casual in dress but rigorous in all other ways! You will be surrounded by smart people who like to work hard and have fun with each other. We offer the typical benefits including medical, dental, 401k and paid time off.
Ally Commerce provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We prohibit any form of workplace harassment related to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
Powered by JazzHR
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: Atlanta, GA USA
Zip Code: 30328
Posted on: 12/05/2019
Viewed: 0 times