Job Developer - Supervisor
for East Bay Innovations in San Leandro, CA USA
About this Position:
EBI?s Supported Employment Services has an opening for a Job Developer in Alameda County. This is a full-time position with the Supported Employment team developing and implementing employment and career plans for people with disabilities. The Job Developer will provide training and support to individuals in community work settings, as well as provide supervision to to other staff working in employment development and outreach. Additionally, the individual in this role will make connections with individuals with disabilities, parents, employers and partner organizations at various speaking engagements, and contact employers on behalf of people seeking employment. The Job Developer will provide pre-employment training to individuals currently enrolled in the Tailored Day Service (TDS) program, and work to develop training curriculum for Job Club.
We're passionate about raising the bar of employment options and opportunities and seek a person who shares this passion and can provide effective support to individuals with autism, cerebral palsy, down syndrome, and other developmental disabilities to ensure success in the workplace.
<iframe allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3AsHopb5zc4?rel=0" width="560"></iframe>
Develop new relationships with employers in a variety of industries to ensure successful job placement for graduates, TDS participants, and others that we support within our job development services
Assist in the development of State and Paid Internships
Negotiate and coordinate employment placements and employer incentives (WOTC, OJT, job coaching)
Coaches and motivates job development participants during the job search and after placement to ensure job retention by supporting participants to establish employment goals, and to identifying areas that require additional support and/or training
Assist consumers to understand and report wages and subsidies in regards to Social Security
Develops and oversees ESA (assessments) and PVSA (support to address barriers to employment) services
Provides outreach to employers to create employment opportunities
Supervises and supports the Employment Specialists to assist with employment development, ESA and PVSA services, TDS, and employment development
Gather, develop, and provide TDS participants employment related materials and activities for weekly Job Club meetings
BA related to Social Services, Marketing OR equivalent work experience
Experience working with outside businesses and employers
Experience supporting individuals with disabilities
Health and Wellness Benefits:
- Medical coverage with three different health plans for you to choose from
- Dental and vision coverage
- Free mental health counseling sessions for you and members of your household
- Annual health & wellness fair with free massage, cooking demonstration, wellness seminar, and wellness gift raffles
- Flexible Spending Account so you can use pre-tax dollars to cover your medical expenses
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, allowing you to use pre-tax dollars to cover childcare expenses
- Commuter benefits, allowing you to save big on BART and bus with pre-tax dollars loaded onto your clipper card
Investing in your Future Benefits:
- 403(b) retirement plan so you can invest in your future
- Free financial coaching from an expert advisor to help answer any financial questions you may have
- Education Assistance Fund, providing reimbursement for tuition, fees, and supplies for education and self-enrichment courses
- Paid sick leave
- Accruable paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- Mileage reimbursement for on-the-job driving at 54.5 cents per mile
- Free legal consultation for any legal concerns you may have outside of work
- Staff appreciation month with a BBQ, a party, daily raffles, and more, to celebrate you and the important work that you do!
The Job Developer position is full-time, usually Monday through Friday, but may include occasional early morning, late evening, and weekend assignments.
Salary: $21.64 per hour
About our Organization:
Established in 1994, East Bay Innovations (EBI) is a non-profit human services organization that supports people with developmental disabilities, such as intellectual disabilities, autism, and cerebral palsy. Our person centered services support people to live in their own homes, make choices about how they live, work in jobs of their choosing, and enjoy being part of their communities. We seek to further the human rights and empowerment of people with disabilities, and hire people who care about social justice and want to make a difference in the lives of others.
*East Bay Innovations is an equal opportunity employer. We will consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Job Category: Other / Miscellaneous
Location: San Leandro, CA USA
Zip Code: 94577
Posted on: 12/02/2019
Viewed: 0 times